is Jamal Lewis finished? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

is Jamal Lewis finished?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:24 pm

Infidel wrote:Jamal started dancing anywhere near contact last year. A sure sign of death for a power RB. Let someone else be disgusted....again.

Jamal admitted to not playing as hard as he could because he was upset over his contract situation. That's why he was less willing to take on contact. Plus he was hurt. His current contract, from what I understand, is heavily incentive laden. No one's saying to burn a 1st or even a 2nd round pick on him, but anywhere from the late 3rd on down is good value.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:33 pm

maddog60 wrote:Guess I'm in the majority. His only redeeming value right now is no competition. His defense is losing key players left and right to arrest and suspension, his offense still hasnt proven it can move the ball without Carson Palmer. He hasn't battled injuries, but his body has been broken down over back to back intense seasons, and still has not shown the ability to be a receiving threat, which means he needs to break rushing records in order to have a shot at the top 5 fantasy RBs. Also, that division is getting stingier and stingier on defense. Cleveland is no longer the field day it used to be, the Raven's have a solid DEF and keep adding talent.

Rudi's upside to me is a #2 RB in fantasy, that's his upside. Really, I'd only be comfortable if he were my 3rd RB.

Edited for Rudi Johnson.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Kilroy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:33 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Infidel wrote:Jamal started dancing anywhere near contact last year. A sure sign of death for a power RB. Let someone else be disgusted....again.

did a number of you forget that just before last year he had just went through major ankle surgery and "rehabbed" in prison. if memory serves correct, he started playing about 4-6 months before a typical recovery time...and thats compared to players that have normal rehab programs...

i wont even get started in this thread...i just know i feel pretty good about getting him in the 3rd round. im glad people think like some of you guys so it will enable me to pick a stud WR in the second and a solid 2nd RB in j-lew in the 3rd. should be a great year for fantasy ;-D

I'm looking to try that same strategy this year. In some drafts I've seen J-Lew drop into the fourth, and if you can go RB/WR/WR/J-Lew you gotta like your team's chances.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Dexter II » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:54 pm

I took him in the 3rd and expect 1,000 yards and 7+ td's. Having a real QB should help him find some room to run. If Mason, Heap and Clayton can provide a downfield threat he'll do fine.
Fatalism Helps with the Jump but not the Fall
Dexter II
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Web SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:00 pm

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:I think this season will tell all. If he comes back, then he is back. If he busts again, then his career as a #1 back will go with it

Couldn't agree more, well said.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mcmill3 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:26 pm

Dadd wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:
whodey#9 wrote:
johnrambo wrote:if you have any ravens on your fantasy team beside Heap they should be on the bench

well said ;-D

theres this guy named mason that might just surprise you this year.....especially in PPRs

Yup, yup! I'd say even in non-PPR leagues he'd be starting. Definitely #2-3 WR.

he's done. Go home Ravens....
mcmill3
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:43 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:

did a number of you forget that just before last year he had just went through major ankle surgery and "rehabbed" in prison. if memory serves correct, he started playing about 4-6 months before a typical recovery time...and thats compared to players that have normal rehab programs...

i wont even get started in this thread...i just know i feel pretty good about getting him in the 3rd round. im glad people think like some of you guys so it will enable me to pick a stud WR in the second and a solid 2nd RB in j-lew in the 3rd. should be a great year for fantasy ;-D

I'm looking to try that same strategy this year. In some drafts I've seen J-Lew drop into the fourth, and if you can go RB/WR/WR/J-Lew you gotta like your team's chances.

Ive used this strategy several times already in cafe drafts with late round picks. I really like the results. In one league i went Ronnie Brown, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Jamal Lewis.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PyRo8 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:58 pm

jamal lewis looked REALLY good against that giants defense tonite in preseason.
PyRo8
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:58 pm

mcmill3 wrote:he's done. Go home Ravens....

have you watched any preseason??...i understand why you are hating though...i bet you hated seeing us get mcnair :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Daddymike59 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:02 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
mcmill3 wrote:he's done. Go home Ravens....

have you watched any preseason??...i understand why you are hating though...i bet you hated seeing us get mcnair :-b

The qstion here is- Is Jamal Done or Not? Why is he still on the pup list? What is the real deal Dlux? Jamal gonna play or not? If he is I'm bettin' on a strong year.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk