Hank Baskett - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hank Baskett

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hank Baskett

Postby TheMurph5263 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:07 pm

Im hearing very good things about Baskett, the undrafted wideout for the Eagles. Hes big and has good hands and may actually be the #2 starter for the birds this year. How likely is it that he will impact fantasy teams this year and what numbers might he put up
TheMurph5263
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vixtor » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:41 pm

Not very likely. My guesstimate is he could probably put up numbers around 40 catches for 550 yards and 3 touchdowns or so. It's rare to have a rookie reciever worth owning in a redraft league.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mrblitz » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:58 pm

It is very early to tell. I watched him tonite, and he made a really nice over the shoulder diving grab. Obviously he won't be fantasy worthy this year. However if he keeps making plays he may be an option next year.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:05 pm

if he has an impact, it will be in making brown be a little more fantasy viable IMO.

I am "excited" about Baskett. But let's be serious too. It seems to have been a savvy move by the Eagles. But a rookie WR in s system that is notorious for making the wrong WR decisions. I won't go into the list of WRs the Eagles could have had via the draft, in a system that is hard to master. I don't see it. Thought you guys would like this though, someone posted it on the official Eagles forums.

Mind you the thread was "Baskett, best rookie wr ever"--let's just say expectations are a little ... bananas.

Basket is the best wr ever

He is 8 ft tall

He weighs over 835 lbs

He runs a 3.5 40 draging a car behind him

Basket in school once took the hand off from the QB and threw a 65 yd TD pass to himself.

One game basket went to strip an intercepted ball and accidently ripped the defenders head off, which he then ran in for a TD and spiked.

When a Rb has an injury basket will carry him into the end zone.

The eagles have hired a personal assistant for basket, and his only job is to send letters of condolence to opposing players basket accidently kills, or puts in a coma.

football has been called an analogy of war, but yet it is a warcrime to use basket against enemy soldiers.

They used to let basket kick 80 yrd feild goals, but stopped because the low angle of the kick causes defenders heads to explode if they get hit.

He Jumped on a fumble once and caused 5.2 earthquake.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:12 pm

Baskett's redraft value is still nil, but his dynasty value gets higher and higher each week. McNabb is looking his way often, and I have no doubt he'll keep Pinkston off the field barring injury. #2 WR on a pass happy team with an unproven #1 WR and beign a rookie, he's a nice dynasty sleeper.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Popcynical » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:23 pm

eaglesrule wrote:if he has an impact, it will be in making brown be a little more fantasy viable IMO.

I am "excited" about Baskett. But let's be serious too. It seems to have been a savvy move by the Eagles. But a rookie WR in s system that is notorious for making the wrong WR decisions. I won't go into the list of WRs the Eagles could have had via the draft, in a system that is hard to master. I don't see it. Thought you guys would like this though, someone posted it on the official Eagles forums.

Mind you the thread was "Baskett, best rookie wr ever"--let's just say expectations are a little ... bananas.

Basket is the best wr ever

He is 8 ft tall

He weighs over 835 lbs

He runs a 3.5 40 draging a car behind him

Basket in school once took the hand off from the QB and threw a 65 yd TD pass to himself.

One game basket went to strip an intercepted ball and accidently ripped the defenders head off, which he then ran in for a TD and spiked.

When a Rb has an injury basket will carry him into the end zone.

The eagles have hired a personal assistant for basket, and his only job is to send letters of condolence to opposing players basket accidently kills, or puts in a coma.

football has been called an analogy of war, but yet it is a warcrime to use basket against enemy soldiers.

They used to let basket kick 80 yrd feild goals, but stopped because the low angle of the kick causes defenders heads to explode if they get hit.

He Jumped on a fumble once and caused 5.2 earthquake.

Bill Brasky is a sonuva *****.

I remember one time, Brasky took his family to SeaWorld...They were watching Shamu the whale and Brasky got splashed. So Brasky yells, 'I'm Bill Brasky and no one gets me wet!' So he climbs into the tank, grabs Shamu and throws the whale into the audience, splashes him and yells, 'Now how do you like it?' And then damn if Brasky didn't step in there and finish the show.

We once had a bachelor party for Brasky. He ate the entire cake before we could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Did I ever tell you about the time Brasky took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can't find one. Finally Brasky takes me to a vacant lot and says, 'Here we are.' We sat there for a year and a half — until sure enough, someone constructs a bar around us. Well, the day they opened we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. Brasky yelled over the roar of the flames, 'Always leave things the way you found 'em!'
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby swyck » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:32 pm

Bill Brasky is a sonuva *****.

This is hilareous. Where's it from? Is there a legend of Bill Brasky?
swyck
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TXLonghorns1155 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:48 pm

Good Old SNL....But seriously Philly Hasn't really had a possesion reciever in a long time, and Mcnabb obviously likes to hit Basket up and this is only preseason. I may be only one out of a million here but I think Basket is the real deal here, I mean If McNabb likes to use a WR as a target thats one thing, IE L.J. Smith, and this Basket looks pretty good to me. I could easily see him putting up Boldin Rookie Stats.
TXLonghorns1155
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:53 pm

I don't think that he will have a huge inpact, because even if he is the #2 wideout, Westbrook gets so many catches that it is as if he is the #3.

In a league with a lot of bench players, he may be worth a late round pick, but don't pick him too early.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:12 pm

God Yahoo pisses me off.. I would actually keep an eye on this guy if he were on the damn wire...

But of course.. Yahoo will wait until week 4 to put him on it.
*I created this sig!
CrashOverrid3
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk