Hank Baskett - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hank Baskett

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:07 pm

Philly is probably my #2 target team for an unknown WR to break out big time. Reggie Brown looks like he might be that guy, but he is not necessarily a true unknown.

BTW, New England is #1.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Philly Pride » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:26 pm

I would really be surprised if Baskett beat out Gaffney and Pinkston for the #2 WR spot.
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:30 pm

are you kidding me?

Gaffney is only a one year contract, and isn't getting paid THAT much. Philly could certainly eat his salary if Baskett showed that he could just be better.

Given how young philly REALLY is (you don't think like that because they have been in the mix for a while), but think about it. The four oldest starters are what? donovan, dawkins, howard, kearse.

the O line is set up big time for the future with jackson, justice, jean-gilles, andrews, heerimens. And they still have runyan and some others.

On d, howard and kearse aren't young, but no old either. Sheldon, Lito, lewis, bunkely, cole, patterson are all young.

Moats, Westrbook, LJ smith are young. Donovan is 30.

I think that if they really do have a diamond in the rough with Baskett, this team will be very well positioned to make another prolonged run, as Reggie Brown is young too.

what this team really needs is a developing WR core.

Even though it won't ever be stated, I think a very reasonable goal is to make the playoffs, show this group the ropes in the playoffs. Then, with all the cap space the eagles have, make a key FA or two the following year, and start all over again.

Point is: Eagles are a lot more young then you mentally tend to think they are. And a nice tandem of Brown and Baskett (should he be actually good) would be something nice to invest in, and the Eagles have the money to do it. Donovan, Lito, Sheldon, Andrews, Westbrook, bunkley, justice are all already signed for the next four or more years. I think they would LOVE to see something positive out of baskett, then lock brown and him up (should he be worth it). Then, this team takes donovan to the end of his career.

Seems like a recipe for success, and it would be awesome if baskett is a piece of that success. He has a ways to go, but if you really had to make a choice out of the following, right now, who would you pick?

the eagles have brown, gaffney, mccants, greg lewis, pinkston (whom we know what his top performance is, and he is hurt) avant (not going anywhere), and I know I am forgetting peripheral guys.

But if brown is as advertised, and baskett playing as well as he is, seems like the pieces may be in place for a real west coast offense. Brown as the number one, baskett, and avant as a possesion guy. Seems like avant and abaskett will be given every opportunity.

Lewis is as good as gone, and if pinkston can't get healthy, we should be seeing lelie to stretch the field. McCants is good on special teams. I would not be surprised in the least if we see lewis, pinkston, bloom get cut, lelie brought in, and the corps is: brown, lelie, baskett the starters. Avant is the number four, given a chance to develop a little more. And we see mccants on the goal line, special teams.

and you know what? I'd be happy with that. It might not get the job done this year, but lets face it, the eagles are darkhorses to do any real damage in the playoffs. Next year, with brown in year three, a defense that jells and donovan at his undeniable peak, this team could do some damage.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:32 pm

Philly Pride wrote:I would really be surprised if Baskett beat out Gaffney and Pinkston for the #2 WR spot.

Why? One hasn't done anything notworthy yet, the other is afraid of the ball, let alone the guys that might tackle him. The today Pinkston gets cut the Eagles get better by subtraction, and hopefulyl Baskett signals that day.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby thriftyrocker » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:47 pm

Who gets cut: Gaffney, Pinkston, or Lewis? Philly local news was hinting either Pinkston or Lewis may get cut. I don't see them cutting Lewis given he is signed through 2011 maxing out at a meager 725k. Gaffney is ahead of Lewis on the depth chart right now.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby sixer03fan » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:36 pm

610 WIP radio was hinting today that gaffney was not gonna make the squad.
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheMurph5263 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:03 am

i hope to God its pinky i hate that dude
TheMurph5263
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheMurph5263 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:06 am

i hope to God its pinky i hate that dude
TheMurph5263
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:17 am

Greg Lewis will make the team. Reid said today that "he already knows what Lewis can do for him" and that's why he only played 4 plays against the Browns.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:02 am

reid said that "he already knows what lewis can do"--and so do i: NOT MUCH.

That comment could be taken both ways.

I think its probabaly gaffney or him. now way you can cut brown, baskett, avant, mccants at this point.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk