Anyone going to Oktoberfest in Germany? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Anyone going to Oktoberfest in Germany?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone going to Oktoberfest in Germany?

Postby biju » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:02 am

Just curious. I'll be there for the opening Saturday.

As a side note, if anyone knows of any *must see* things in Munich or around Munich (anywhere in Bavaria) please let me know as I'll be spending two weeks in the area and I'll have a car.

Thanks!

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:03 am

the olympic village in munich is pretty cool. the black forest and the german/austrian border is one of the most beautiful places i've ever been. i think i was at mount pilatus. something like that. nevermind, pilatus is in switzerland. i was in innsbruck, austria. incredible.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby biju » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:20 am

moonhead wrote:the olympic village in munich is pretty cool. the black forest and the german/austrian border is one of the most beautiful places i've ever been. i think i was at mount pilatus. something like that. nevermind, pilatus is in switzerland. i was in innsbruck, austria. incredible.

Awesome.

The Black Forest is definitely on the list of places to hit. Actually, we're going to jump in the car for 6 days and tour lower Germany before finally landing in the Czech Republic at Cesky Krumlov and then Prague.

I'll have to check out Innsbruck and see where I can squeeze that in!

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:56 am

biju wrote:
moonhead wrote:the olympic village in munich is pretty cool. the black forest and the german/austrian border is one of the most beautiful places i've ever been. i think i was at mount pilatus. something like that. nevermind, pilatus is in switzerland. i was in innsbruck, austria. incredible.

Awesome.

The Black Forest is definitely on the list of places to hit. Actually, we're going to jump in the car for 6 days and tour lower Germany before finally landing in the Czech Republic at Cesky Krumlov and then Prague.

I'll have to check out Innsbruck and see where I can squeeze that in!

;-D

Hmmm . . .. i smell a sequel to Hostel in the making ;-D Beware the guys in the rubber butcher aprons. 8-o
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:28 pm

It's too bad menyak is away right now...I'm sure he'd be able to give you lots of cool spots to hit up. ;-D :*)

Heck...he may even be going for all I know... 8-o :*) :*)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:37 pm

Have fun man!! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:40 pm

Yeah you lucky bastard, your gonna have a blast!!! Im sure you already know, but beware the alcohol content in the beer there is much higher...er maybe thats a good thing, reguardless be safe and have fun.

Drink a couple steins for me! ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby biju » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:18 pm

Metroid wrote:Yeah you lucky bastard, your gonna have a blast!!! Im sure you already know, but beware the alcohol content in the beer there is much higher...er maybe thats a good thing, reguardless be safe and have fun.

I do feel pretty lucky...this all came together in the last month or so. ;-D

I'm from Seattle and (not that this can't happen elsewhere as well) I'm pretty used to higher alcohol content beer. The Microbrews here rule and we have three different bars within a mile of me that serve mostly european beers. That said, I know the Pilsner Urquell has a much higher content over there and assume most of them will.

I'm not too worried about myself as much as I am my girlfriend. She can certainly put 'em away but not nearly like I can and I'm a little afraid she's going to try to keep up.

What I'm most worried about is how that's going to be right in the middle of the football season. I'm going to have to find an internet cafe or something and stay up all night Sunday to catch some games!

:-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:33 pm

biju wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah you lucky bastard, your gonna have a blast!!! Im sure you already know, but beware the alcohol content in the beer there is much higher...er maybe thats a good thing, reguardless be safe and have fun.

I do feel pretty lucky...this all came together in the last month or so. ;-D

I'm from Seattle and (not that this can't happen elsewhere as well) I'm pretty used to higher alcohol content beer. The Microbrews here rule and we have three different bars within a mile of me that serve mostly european beers. That said, I know the Pilsner Urquell has a much higher content over there and assume most of them will.

I'm not too worried about myself as much as I am my girlfriend. She can certainly put 'em away but not nearly like I can and I'm a little afraid she's going to try to keep up.

What I'm most worried about is how that's going to be right in the middle of the football season. I'm going to have to find an internet cafe or something and stay up all night Sunday to catch some games!

:-D

You know I noticed the Seahawks logo on your baghead avatar after I posted and thought to myself if hes livin in the northwest he definitly knows bout good strong suds. :-b Im in Cali right now taking care of my pops but my home is right down the road from you in Eugene. Cant beat northwest brew! Well unless you go to Germany. Lucky bastard!!!! :-b ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:03 am

Have a blast man! ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Return to General Talk