Joey Galloway...what is the consenus on this guy? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joey Galloway...what is the consenus on this guy?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Joey Galloway...what is the consenus on this guy?

Postby thrash » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:01 pm

Haven't seen much discussion on him at all. Had a pretty sick season last year. I guess the feeling on him will be that he'll either get injured or return to mediocrity...anyone think he could put up another good season? And if so, what WR tier do you think he falls into?
thrash
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcmill3 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:08 pm

I had Galloway last year and he was a stud. I took Clayton this year thinking it was his year to bounce back after disappointing last year. I think Galloway will get the best cover back, leaving Clayton open more often. That is if his turf toe heals.
mcmill3
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:40 pm

Claytons Turf toe worries me. If Clayton isnt 100 percent expect another 2005 like campaign for Galloway. Even if Clayton is healthy i think Galloway is a great No. 2 reciever.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:45 pm

Galloway's bound to come "back down to earth" so-to-speak, but could still post solid (if unspectacular) numbers. If Clayton's Injury lingers, he should be a solid #2.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:08 pm

i honestly think galloway was a fluke last season. could be totally off base, but i put money on him not coming close to duplicating last years stats. besides clayton being gimped up by an injury all last season some other factors in my thinking...

they added boston (who has had good reports from camp) and drafted the freak sized rookie stovall...who could turn into a playmaker/redzone target. they also still have hilliard, and the 2nd year TE (who by the way was the teams second leading reciver last season) alex smith. what does this tell me? that they might spread the ball out a bit more. there is quite a bit of talent on that offense.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:13 am

Whether you like Clayton to bounce back or not, Galloway had a career year, not a breakout year. Those numbers were so far above his normal (like Mussin the previous year) I'm avoiding him like the plague. Let someone else reach for a guy who will disappoint unless everyone is sleeping on him.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby thrash » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:24 am

What round show he start being value though? 6th? 7th? 8th? In a 12 teamer I should say.
thrash
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:25 am

Well let's face it, there is almost no way Galloway is going to repeat what he did last year. However, I do think he could have a good season. He is not some scrub who had one great year, he has always been a pretty good wr. also, chris simms has another year under his belt, and this could be his breakout season. Well, i've drafted galloway in a couple leagues, so I hope he does well :-o
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:08 am

I think most people are looking at last year as more of a fluke, so Galloway is a little undervalued. He wont match last years numbers but can be had late enough in most drafts to make him a good value as a #3 WR.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:51 am

I just landed him as a 4th WR in one league, so there is some value to him I think there. Not expecting what he did last year, but should he produce again, that would be great. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk