Joey Galloway...what is the consenus on this guy? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joey Galloway...what is the consenus on this guy?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bklik » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:08 am

Not to hijack this thread, but Ive got a simmilar question-

Who puts up better numbers this season, Gallowway or Clayton??
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:38 pm

Eh, I can't trust either Galloway or Clayton at this point. Clayton is complaining about already having turf toe before the season even gets started and Galloway is older than dirt. I realize Joey just had a great season, but it had been quite some time since he was even more than a blip on the fantasy radar. I dare say, since his days with the Hawks. I think Galloway will still outperform Clayton, mostly because Clayton just cannot seem to stay healthy.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:22 pm

maddog60 wrote:Whether you like Clayton to bounce back or not, Galloway had a career year, not a breakout year. Those numbers were so far above his normal (like Mussin the previous year) I'm avoiding him like the plague. Let someone else reach for a guy who will disappoint unless everyone is sleeping on him.

Look on the teams Galloway has been stuck on the past 5 years or so. He got traded to Dallas right during their string of back to back to back to back to back 5-11 seasons before Parcells was there. They were a similar team when compared to the Detroit freakin Lion's.

HE comes to Tampa and produces instantly (albeit getting hurt very early in his first season, but he finished the year very strong). I can only see continued success with Galloway barring injury. Other players are no real threat to his production IMO. I think he makes a decent #2 WR and is approriated value where he is drafted in the 6th round or so. Simms seems to be maturing as an NFL QB, the skill position players on offense can at worst keep drives alive and ball moving. Everything there points to the offense getting BETTER this year, creating more consistency and opportunity for all players.

I'll admit, I think there are better WR values out there with less risk, but I have nothing against having Galloway on my team when all is said and done.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby onnestabe » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:17 am

The thing about Galloway is that he had been a perrenial unerachiever previous to last year. Then it just seemed to click. Before he was just a speedster, but he didn't do the little things to make himself better. Last year, he finally matured into a veteran WR. I don't think he will post the same numbers he did last year, but I also don't think his numbers will see a major decline.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby bagobonez » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:18 pm

I also think his year was a fluke. Of course, I'm a bitter Cowboys fan and I'll never forgive him for making the Cowboys waste 2 first round picks on him. But seriously, I'd expect an 800 yard, 8 TD season from Galloway this year.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ateam » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:23 pm

I had Clayton 2 yrs. ago, and Galloway last year in my 2nd league.

I would be shocked if Joey had a great year.

I would expect a role reversal from last year, actually.

Joey is a terrific bust candidate, and Clayton is a nice sleeper possibility, I'd think.
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mrblitz » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:24 pm

For me, it really depends on Claytons turf toe, and the possible reimurgance of David Boston. Can't really give a prediction on Galloway yet.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Original_Geek » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:59 pm

bagobonez wrote:I also think his year was a fluke. Of course, I'm a bitter Cowboys fan and I'll never forgive him for making the Cowboys waste 2 first round picks on him. But seriously, I'd expect an 800 yard, 8 TD season from Galloway this year.

You, sir, are the rightest right can be. The most correctly of correct. Stupid Joey Galloway.

But if he's still there in the 8th round, I'd take a look.
OG - Original Geek
Word to your motherboard
Dallas Cowboys Fan Extraordinaire
May all your players get to play Oakland.
Original_Geek Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk