is ADDAI this years JJ Arrington? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

is ADDAI this years JJ Arrington?

Moderator: Football Moderators

is ADDAI this years JJ Arrington?

Postby Members Only Jackets » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:45 pm

seems like last year everyone was ranking JJ Arrington higher than Caddy and Ronnie because of his situation....and with Thursdays subpar performance (3 carries is nothing I know) is anyone a bit concerned he could be a flop like Arrington?
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:49 pm

Apples and Oranges IMO. Last I checked Indy has this helpful tool for assisting Running Backs called an Offensive Line. The Cardinals Offensive Line in '05 was, well, offensive.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheMurph5263 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:58 pm

plus theres another useful tool to help running backs that Arizona didnt have, its called Peyton Manning. It looks like Addai is a pretty good blocker which could help him get some PT if hes given the oppurtunity he should do fine, maybe nothing like Edge right away but he should be adequate
TheMurph5263
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:12 am

More than anything I put stock in Indy's drafting prowess. Over the past decade every 1st rounder they drafted turned into a starter, more than half have turned into Pro Bowlers. Their records speaks for itself. If they think Addai is worth a 1st round pick, I think he's got the potential to be a #1 RB in fantasy football eventually.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:16 am

i havent seen him play enough to say talent wise if he will bust like arrington or not...but his situation is a ton better for the reasons stated above. i think most RBs in the NFL would be able to put up pretty decent stats in that offense.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:19 am

also, lets be honest.....1st pre season game really doesn't mean much and 3 carries is nothing.

From reports , he's had a great camp and has really impressed.
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:22 am

Could he be a bust? Of course, I guess anyone can be a bust. However, I don't think he will be like JJ Arrington. First off, Addai is quite talented, he just had some durability issues in college. As for the Colts, well obviously he has a much better oline than arrington had to work with, and he is in perhaps the most prolific offense in the NFL. I'd be surprised if he busts.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:31 am

This exact post has been made about 3 other times already, in each of these posts it was mentioned that the comparison is a terrible one when you actually look at it from further than 90 million miles away.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby johnpax » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:34 am

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:Could he be a bust? Of course, I guess anyone can be a bust. However, I don't think he will be like JJ Arrington. First off, Addai is quite talented, he just had some durability issues in college. As for the Colts, well obviously he has a much better oline than arrington had to work with, and he is in perhaps the most prolific offense in the NFL. I'd be surprised if he busts.

Not sure any of that is true, or makes any sense. But thanks for posting.

Arrington is/was more talented, and had a better college career - by far. Addai never won the starting job outright, only got it due to injury and when he did he ended up getting hurt. Not exactly an impressive college career.

So people don't bust if they get drafted by a good team? How on earth does that make sense? On a good team, it's probably harder to make the roster, start, get playing time, because they are good. A good team can't afford growing pains, rookie mistakes, rookies hitting the wall. The Colts are built to win now. There's a bunch of teams Addai would probably get far more playing time on, because after week 5 they won't have a shot at the playoffs. Busts happen to every team, good and bad.

And I love Addai's comment of "It's a lot faster then college". Yeah that's what I want to hear from the RB who's going to lead the Colts to the SB according to some people around here. If Addai gets 500-600 yards, it will be a very successful year.
johnpax
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Addai

Postby freeling_prideful » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:09 am

I'll say Addai might actually be a worse bet pre-season this year than Arrington was last year...the feeling last year was that Arrington simply had no competition for the starting gig and a guaranteed job in the NFL is generally worth a decent amount of fantasy points. Addai, however, is going to almost certainly be splitting carries w/ Dominic Rhodes (I think they'll go about 17/13 to combine for ~30 rushes a game). I don't think either will have huge fantasy value w/ the way they'll divide the time.
freeling_prideful
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk