Rex Grossman looking like....eerrrrrr...Rex Grossman - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rex Grossman looking like....eerrrrrr...Rex Grossman

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rex Grossman looking like....eerrrrrr...Rex Grossman

Postby Daddymike59 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:56 am

The News
Rex Grossman completed just 3-of-11 passes for 47 yards Friday night.

Our Take
He fumbled twice. Brian Griese clearly outplayed the Bears' incumbent during the game. We'll cut Grossman some slack though, he was playing against San Francisco's first-team defense.

Wow against SF's first team D.zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:55 am

The only person I could think of watching Rex was Rick Ankiel... 8-o
AcidRock23
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:03 am

Its only exhibition game 1 and the guy hasn't played much football over the last year(s). Give the man some time to work the rust out. He is DaBears savior afterall.

Course I am not a Bears fan so I don't see that stat line as being that out of place for a Bears QB. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:32 am

moochman wrote:Its only exhibition game 1 and the guy hasn't played much football over the last year(s). Give the man some time to work the rust out. He is DaBears savior afterall.

Course I am not a Bears fan so I don't see that stat line as being that out of place for a Bears QB. :-b

Give him a few games. The guy has played 2 games the last two years. He looked pretty good against Carolina in the playoffs last year. He will be fine...
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Atog » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:11 am

Just from looking at the stat lines Griese was really impressive. I don't know why they even bother with Grossman.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:23 am

Atog wrote:Just from looking at the stat lines Griese was really impressive. I don't know why they even bother with Grossman.

Slow your roll. Griese played against 3rd stringers....
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mrblitz » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:28 am

I'm trying not to read too much into the poor performance, I know Griese put up decent numbers but it was against 2nd stringers. I would wait till preseason is over to pass judgement on Rex, if he gets through it healthwise.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Cover 2 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:31 pm

As people have said it is only the first game, and he hasn't played much football. Griese is a vet and played against a bunch of UDFA's he has a bit of an advantage there.
Cover 2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:03 pm

I understand the comments about Griese playing against second stringers but the bottom line was Griese hit his open receivers and Grossman did not. Griese plain outplayed Grossman last night, it was more than just what defenses they were playing against. Grossman was not helped by the very poor first string offense blocking and running game, but he sure didn't rise to the occasion.

I'm not saying it's time to start Griese, I think Grossman should continue to start but for this one game Griese was by far the better QB.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:08 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:I understand the comments about Griese playing against second stringers but the bottom line was Griese hit his open receivers and Grossman did not. Griese plain outplayed Grossman last night, it was more than just what defenses they were playing against. Grossman was not helped by the very poor first string offense blocking and running game, but he sure didn't rise to the occasion.

I'm not saying it's time to start Griese, I think Grossman should continue to start but for this one game Griese was by far the better QB.

Yeah that's all I'm saying. The first preseason game, or any preseason game for that matter, is not enough to judge who will perform during the year. A better indicator is in practice...

The Steelers and Ben looked awful last preseason...
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk