Rex Grossman looking like....eerrrrrr...Rex Grossman - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rex Grossman looking like....eerrrrrr...Rex Grossman

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:09 pm

Free Bagel wrote:So how many years in a row do people have to come off looking like fools thinking that preseason performance is indicative of regular season performance before they figure it out?

Weren't the Colts 0-4 last year? And weren't the Jets 1-point away from being 4-0? Shouldn't Jamal Robertson have three 2000 yard seasons under his belt by now?

I'm not getting hung up on the Bears losing the game, that's no big deal and preseason W-L records mean nothing. I'm more concerned they looked BAD doing it. I don't totally buy the argument they were just working on some schemes or whatever - bad is bad. There were missed blocks, fumbles, etc which you hate to see even in pre-season.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:21 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:So how many years in a row do people have to come off looking like fools thinking that preseason performance is indicative of regular season performance before they figure it out?

Weren't the Colts 0-4 last year? And weren't the Jets 1-point away from being 4-0? Shouldn't Jamal Robertson have three 2000 yard seasons under his belt by now?

I'm not getting hung up on the Bears losing the game, that's no big deal and preseason W-L records mean nothing. I'm more concerned they looked BAD doing it. I don't totally buy the argument they were just working on some schemes or whatever - bad is bad. There were missed blocks, fumbles, etc which you hate to see even in pre-season.

:-P
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:39 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:

And to add to that. There is a lot of crap going on in the Windy City. You have a new QB with a better resume than your oft injured starter, you have your D supposedly wanting to beat on the teams newly named starting RB. A RB who BTW gets hurt, after having gotten hurt last year too. TJones, who apparently the team liked better, is pouting over his unwarrented demotion. And now you come out for your exhibition opener and look as if you had your minds on other things.

As much of a surprise as it was that DaBears won the NFC Norris last year, it would be much less of a surprise to see them fall quickly from grace. The fracture, unfocused picture they have presented so far is not a healthy sign. Even if it is just the first useless exhibition game.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:02 pm

moochman wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:

And to add to that. There is a lot of crap going on in the Windy City. You have a new QB with a better resume than your oft injured starter, you have your D supposedly wanting to beat on the teams newly named starting RB. A RB who BTW gets hurt, after having gotten hurt last year too. TJones, who apparently the team liked better, is pouting over his unwarrented demotion. And now you come out for your exhibition opener and look as if you had your minds on other things.

As much of a surprise as it was that DaBears won the NFC Norris last year, it would be much less of a surprise to see them fall quickly from grace. The fracture, unfocused picture they have presented so far is not a healthy sign. Even if it is just the first useless exhibition game.

jesus god is this the drama queen thread or what?? now the bears are a fractured/fluke team??

rex had a bad quarter in the first preseason game of the year and now the bears are "falling from grace",gimmie a freaking break.

qb's have bad quarters to start games every week during the regular season, but they then have 3 quarters to later turn it around.

as for benson getting hit hard during practice, so what, the guy missed all of preseason his rookie year because of a holdout, so the defense was riding him a bit harder. unfoutantly people get hurt in the game of football on fluke plays.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:09 pm

Oh by the way, Obefemi Ayanbadejo just scored...go scour your waiver wire.

Ayanbadejo = goalline vulture

PS- Griese will start week 1
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:22 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
moochman wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:

jesus god is this the drama queen thread or what?? now the bears are a fractured/fluke team??

rex had a bad quarter in the first preseason game of the year and now the bears are "falling from grace",gimmie a freaking break.

qb's have bad quarters to start games every week during the regular season, but they then have 3 quarters to later turn it around.

as for benson getting hit hard during practice, so what, the guy missed all of preseason his rookie year because of a holdout, so the defense was riding him a bit harder. unfoutantly people get hurt in the game of football on fluke plays.

Lighten up Francis. Alls I'm saying is that these games aren't meaningless. They looked like a team that wasn't focused. Fine, first exhibition game that'll happen. But when you look at the distractions on this team it could be that thier showing wasn't just rust, but a lack of direction.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:23 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:

I'm not saying this is a fractured team at all, I'm just saying the Bears looked bad and that's a concern. As far as pre-season play not meaning anything, tell that to Chad Hutchinson.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:44 pm

moochman wrote:But when you look at the distractions on this team it could be that thier showing wasn't just rust, but a lack of direction.

what distractions? thomas jones being upset about his contract? that happens every day on every team. at least the guy is in camp, unlike lelie/branch and others.

or are you talking about the vets giving cedric benson a hard time? i mean that's not even a story so im not sure why it's even brought up.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk