Maroney impressive against ATL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Maroney impressive against ATL

Moderator: Football Moderators

Maroney impressive against ATL

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:24 pm

I was pleasently suprised at his performance. Granted, it was against one of the worse run Ds in the League last year, but Atlanta's D is supposedly "revamped". Dillon showed flashes of his old self, but Maroney looked unstoppable. He was fast and rarely went down on the first hit...and this was against ATL's first stringers. What impressed me most was his vision. He made small cuts and adjustments to hit holes without slowing down. He slashed out a 7.3 yard per carry, and his YAC had to be insane!

NE has their RB of the future, but how far in the future? Anybody see him taking over the starting job even though Dillon looked fresh last night?
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bklik » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:33 pm

I have been grabbing Lawrence "Pepperoni" Maroney as late as the 10th round in some mocks Ive been doing. I figure hes good to stash on the bench incase Dillon misses some time, which is not unheard of.

However, I am kind of skeptical of owning any players on NE, because of the notorious injury reports.

I do think that Dillon is very underrated this year, as he still put up 12 TDs in limited time last year. It will be interesting to see what happens in the NE backfield this year.
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:35 pm

I was pleasantly surprised at his performance last night. I am excited to see what he can do in the regular season.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mcmill3 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:16 pm

I was impressed as well. It's worth a shot on redraft, a must have for keeper.
mcmill3
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby maddog60 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:41 pm

Having watched the game, Maroney may have gotten the bulk of the work, but Dillon could've easily done the same on that many carries. That run defense didnt looked revamped in the slightest. Now, I like what I saw out of Maroney, but even when the 2nd and 3rd stringers were playing for both teams, ATL's run defense looked terrible, so I wouldn't put too much stock into Maroney starting full time this year. Next year though, it'll be his job to lose.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:04 pm

Most impressive, was that Dillon didn't even last the first series before Maroney started coming in. This might not even take a Dillon injury to force a RBBC...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Vixtor » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:28 pm

I'm pretty sure BB will play the person that gives them a better chance to win. Not quite sure who that is right now. I imagine Dillon will get most of the load when healthy and get spelled by Maroney with Faulk taking over on 3rd down. Right now I'd take Dillon over Maroney in redraft for sure.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk