Week one impressions and evaluations - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week one impressions and evaluations

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:15 pm

so is it a slam dunk that bryant is number 1 over battle in san fran?
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cardiac cats » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:04 pm

Jake Delhomme looked very sharp. He spread the ball around to Keyshawn, Drew Carter, and even Keary Colbert made some nice catches. In limited action, DeShaun Foster looked good and ran hard. DeAngelo Williams also showed a glimpse of things to come when he busted out a nice 20 yd run.
The Carolina 1st team Defense was simply dominant against the 1st team of the bills. We held them without a single 1st down, and peppers gotta sack then ken lucas returned an INT for a touchdown.

Oh yeah, the bills just look like a mess. Neither Holcomb nor Losman looked comfortable behind center and their offense suffered greatly. McGahee could be the only bill I touch this year- and that may not be saying much :-o
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby houstonherdfan » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:21 pm

Didn't watch all of the game, but the Texans looked pretty good. The offensive line looked better than they have ever looked. I think Kubiak has them up to speed with the new blocking
scemes(sp).

1's against 1's, Carr looked pretty sharp and moved around alot more than in the past. One thing I liked was that we Carr moved, be design or scramble, he kept looking down field for recievers. They completed a couple of passes that way diuring the 1 series where Carr was in.

Running game: Regardless of who was in the game at running back they got good yards (sound familar?).

Had I watched the whole game could give you more in depth info, but was working on 2 other things while the game was on.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby slowride » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:38 pm

bagobonez wrote:Cowboys backup QB Tony Romo looked very sharp. At one point he completed 12 consecutive passes, including a TD against Seattle's 1st team defense. Looks like Dallas' season might not be sunk if Bledsoe should get injured.

Julius Jones looked energetic and quick. His O-line didn't do much to help him out but he made a few gains that should have been losses.

NO doubt man. I've been saying for years how much I like Romo. Never bought into the Henson hype. Especially considering him and Romo are the same age. I think he could be the QB of the future. He definetly displays command and confidence when he is out there.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby GMoney » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:00 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:so is it a slam dunk that bryant is number 1 over battle in san fran?

Slam Dunk.

2 points AND the Foul.

Battle is looking like about the 4th passing option in San Fran this year. (But when they need the tough 3rd down catch he seems to be the guy) Should really Held SF in real life, but not worth having on your Fantasy roster.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:03 pm

GMoney wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:so is it a slam dunk that bryant is number 1 over battle in san fran?

Slam Dunk.

2 points AND the Foul.

Battle is looking like about the 4th passing option in San Fran this year. (But when they need the tough 3rd down catch he seems to be the guy) Should really Held SF in real life, but not worth having on your Fantasy roster.

nice, thanks.

im loving the idea of being able to grab him veeeeeery late. any idea where is average draft position is in 12 teamers?
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk