3 things that need to be changed about fantasy football - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

3 things that need to be changed about fantasy football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby xted30 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:49 am

PyRo8 wrote:
xted30 wrote:1. Hypothetical here: The Jags and Colts are playing. The Jaguars score 42 points that week. The Colts score 45. The Jags' 42 would have beaten every other team in the NFL except the Colts that particular week. They have to be judged against the team they're playing, not everyone else. They still get the loss.

that makes little sense. the jags play gainst the indy defense, not against the other defenses in the NFL. but for FF, all the pts recorded are bout single performances with guys that arent even on the same team in the NFL. completely different from your example.

The thing I'm getting at here is that an offensive display is due to the accomplishments of individual players. It is completely feasible that the Jags' offense scored 2 TD's on passes from Leftwich to Jones and another from Leftwich to Wilford. Let's say you have Leftwich and get credit for the 3 TD's. The Jags in my example scored a lot of points by NFL standards, but not enough to win that particular game. Same thing applies in fantasy. You get the points for 3 TD's from your QB (which is a really good week), but you need your RB's, WR's and Def. to play well to also win. In my example, the Jags D didn't play well enough to win. It mirrors real football the best way possible.
xted30
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:20 pm

lmcjaho wrote:Okay - playing poker at the same time so I just scanned this thread but the biggest mistake I see everyone making is comparing NFL H2H with Fantasy H2H and the "any given sunday" aspect. The difference is when an NFL team loses on "any given sunday" it's their own fault - either their offense didn't score enough or their defense didn't stop the opponent enough - in Fantasy you have no input on how your opponent does, so if you just happen to play against the top team for the week and you are the 2nd team it is not in any way your own fault...

It's your fault for not scoring enough points to win!@# QUIT WHINING!!@#!
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:53 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:Okay - playing poker at the same time so I just scanned this thread but the biggest mistake I see everyone making is comparing NFL H2H with Fantasy H2H and the "any given sunday" aspect. The difference is when an NFL team loses on "any given sunday" it's their own fault - either their offense didn't score enough or their defense didn't stop the opponent enough - in Fantasy you have no input on how your opponent does, so if you just happen to play against the top team for the week and you are the 2nd team it is not in any way your own fault...

It's your fault for not scoring enough points to win!@# QUIT WHINING!!@#!

Dude - he's trying to make a point about the merits of head-to-head versus all-play. Its a good argument - the players on your team don't matchup against the players on your opponents team, so its arbitrary. He's not whining, he's stating an opinion. You're the one whining.
Bloody Sox
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sticky Spice » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:07 pm

I am attempting to use Yahoo to create a league similar to what the original poster of this thread was describing.

If interested please check out my post in the Classifieds which describes the league in far more detail:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=240914

We need either two or four more owners.
Sticky Spice
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk