Need some help with league types - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Need some help with league types

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need some help with league types

Postby road_rash05 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:13 pm

This is my second year playing and I'm trying to get my draft strategy and have this problem. As I read draft threads people keep referring to leagues using terms I dont know. Also the draft advice changes based on the style of league. Here are the two I am seeing most often but please offer up any others that are common.

Whats a Dynasty league?

Whats a redraft league?

Any other "special" league types I should know about?

Thanks in advance.
Chance favors the prepared!
road_rash05
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need some help with league types

Postby Matthias » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:49 pm

road_rash05 wrote:Whats a Dynasty league?

A Dynasty league is a keeper league. Generally when you refer a Dynasty league as opposed to just a keeper league it means that you keep most of your team as opposed to just a few players.

road_rash05 wrote:Whats a redraft league?

A redraft league is a league where you draft (or redraft) at the beginning of every season. Every year everyone starts off fresh.

road_rash05 wrote:Any other "special" league types I should know about?

The only other type I can think of is a suicide league where each week players pick one NFL team to win their game. And you can't reuse a team once you've picked them. But that's not fantasy football so much as it is more NFL. But you'll see it every now and again.

Oh, and you'll also see auction leagues vs. snake draft which refers to how you get your players. Auctions you bid on your roster. Snake draft means you draft like the NFL does, but you, "wrap around" so that the order goes 1-2-3...10-11-12 and then in round 1 and then 12-11-10...3-2-1 in round 2. And then flipping back and forth.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby road_rash05 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:03 pm

I guess I'm in a redraft league with a snake draft. This will help a lot when reading threads that rank players.

Thanks a ton for the response ;-D
Chance favors the prepared!
road_rash05
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk