I Need Help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I Need Help

Moderator: Football Moderators

I Need Help

Postby TheMurph5263 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:52 pm

Yesterday I went back and read the old posts on my fantasy leagues board from last year and I remembered last year I offered a team Joe Horn for Tiki right after the draft and when he countered with Shockey and Tiki for Horn and Mike Anderson I turned him down b/c I didnt want to give up Anderson. Remember this was when Anderson got named the starter and everyone including myself thought he'd be back to 1,000 yard form. Heres the question what do you guys look for in a guy like that to try and ignore the hype. In hindsight Im kicking myself in the @$$ for passing on that but back then I thought it was smart bc everyone was blowing Anderson up. I dont want to get caught up in hype anymore so what should I look for, past season stats, schedules.. If this is really confusing I apologize I figured you guys would be the ones to ask
TheMurph5263
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Juke » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:06 pm

Well, Tiki was a top 10 overall player on several high quality sites' lists last year. Not to pour salt in the wound, but I would have loved to have been in a position to have made that trade last year (again, even early). Anytime you can get a 1st round RB for lower round prospects, that is golden. I trust the lists from "experts". If they have someone listed in top 10, reason for it. Mike Anderson was no where to be found in the top 30 of any credible list. Horn was 3rd round talent at best last year (lower obviously this year). Unfortunately, you are just another person who got burned by Denver RB situation. Lesson learned: Never trust Mike Shanahan.
Juke
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk