Kick returner - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kick returner

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby confused_jake » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:05 am

One thing i'd like to add, i heard on NFL network that reggie bush will NOT be returning kicks this season for the saints.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sjphi26 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:17 am

It's a little too early to tell, and he's a rookie....

but the Cowboys drafted Skyler Green in the 4th round solely for the purpose of returning kicks. He's really good at it, and I expect at least 1-2 TD and tons of yards from him on returns this season.

He won't give you much points, if any, at WR, but if you need to draft a returner, he might be an option.

Although, I have never played in a league that requires a kick returner on the roster, so I really have no idea what I am talking about....
sjphi26 Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

to

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:35 am

To clear things up, It doesn't require a quick returner, it just gives points for return yards and td's to all players, idp's, and defensive teams. With that said, with the cheifs be a good team to draft for D?
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:47 am

Welker was a decent bye-week filler for WR3 in my 12 team league that awarded 1pt/20 return yds last year, and he does (did?) play in the occasional 3WR set as well so bonus points there...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:25 am

im assuming your league rewards about 1 pt for every 50 return yds or so. if thats the case then you shouldnt worry about kick returners at all...if you can get a regular player who ALSO returns kicks occasionally, then you might snag a few extra pts per week, but not anything to worry about.
Snakes Gould
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bushroot » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:54 am

ipljeff wrote:Jerome Mathis of Houston was really good last year, but he is out for the first few weeks of the season. Keep an eye on him and snatch him off of waivers when he gets healthy.

Bingo. Jerome Mathis is an absolute monster at KR, I had him last year and he did great. Mostly everyone else I know about has been mentioned, but Quincy Morgan was the KR for the steelers last year and he was pretty decent, dunno if he's doing it again this year.
Bushroot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Jury » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:43 am

Snakes Gould wrote:im assuming your league rewards about 1 pt for every 50 return yds or so. if thats the case then you shouldnt worry about kick returners at all...if you can get a regular player who ALSO returns kicks occasionally, then you might snag a few extra pts per week, but not anything to worry about.

If it is 1 for 50 then you don't really worry about getting a full time KR. However, if your league is 1 for 20, then the top KR can match the top WR, and be more consistent from week to week.
Respect Stevie McNair. Bow down to the pouch.
The Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

in

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:03 pm

In my league it is 1 point for every 15 return punt or kick yards and we start 3 wr's and w/rb so it should be interesting. What round is Hall worth in this league in a 12-teamer?
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Football Talk