How Many Players are TOO many from same team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How Many Players are TOO many from same team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How many are Too many ?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:42 pm

10%
3 or more ?
90%

Total votes : 20

Postby altproject » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:50 pm

last year i had 4 bills: bledsoe, henry, moulds and price. it was fine -- it worked out great. and i tend to like it when all my players are on bye the same week -- i have no problem taking a loss in that bye week if i have to then having a set roster the rest of the year.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SinCity » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:54 pm

I would start a QB, RB, and WR if they where going against a bad team.. hehe.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Homeless » Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:12 pm

I try to avoid two of my studs being from the same team (Like garcia and Owens or manning and harrison) but im comfortable with have burress and Reed.

I would avoid 3 at all costs.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:30 pm

some things you can't put a "price or limit on" and this is one of them,,,lets see your in the middle of the draft and a solid wr has slipped the ranks do you take him cuz he's that good or do you skip him for someone your not as keen on????? anyhow kickers,,,te's and idp's shouldnt really count with this,,only the big three.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby altproject » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:18 pm

i can agree. reed and plaxico just equals plaxico to me. reed has nothing to do with the equation -- he's a kicker! kickers are independent of everything.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Andy1234 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:34 pm

I have Chad Johnson and Dillion, both who I had ranked top 10-11 at there respective positions. But cincy doesn't score much and it really hurts when they have a bad game(seems like every week) When I was Drafting Dillion was the best back and I thought I got a steal getting Johnson in the 5th round, but together the are killing me. But on a high pwered O, 2 is fine and 3 is too much (except maybe in Pitt).
Stewie: [hitting on some co-eds] I must say, the most recent campus sporting event was quite spectacular.
Co-ed: Aw. Are you in a fraternity, little boy?
Stewie: Not yet, but I'm thinking of joining I Felta Thigh.
Andy1234
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chopper » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:11 am

It's nerver-wracking, but so far, worth it.
One team has Ward/Burress, and I feel pretty good about it. I don't think anyone is going to shut them both out.

Another is a bit stickier: Hass / Alexander / Krob ---- I'm good for the bye, so I'll ride it out for a while. I've tried to split them up, but haven't gotten enough value. Owners seem to want to skin me 'cause they think I need to split them. I'll fly all three rather than take a big downgrade in exchange. I've no reason to think they won't carry me for the next few weeks, at least.
First sign of trouble on the CHawk O-line, and I might be singing a different song.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby emaja » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:28 am

I would agree that it all depends on the positions. TE's, K's and DEF (or IDP's) are not a problem. I have SEA, Josh Brown, and KRob and don't give it another thought about starting them.

I have a general rule that I don't want a QB and WR from the same team - unless they are both absolute studs - but it is almost impossible to get a stud WR (Holt, Moss, Owens, Harrison) and the QB unless you are playing with 4 8 year olds.

I don't even like 2 WR's - unless it is someone like Ward/Plax or Holt/Bruce from a few years ago. That way you avoid getting shut out if the passing game runs into a great "D" or just a bad week. WR's production is inseparable from the QB, and if the QB has a bad day, then you are shut out at 2 positions.

A RB and QB from the same team is a safe combo since it is rare that a team is completely dominated in both aspects of the game, barring injury. I have Tiki and Collins and feel safe with that combo every week. Last year I had Green/Holmes and had no problems, but I think that Priest had more to do with that than Trent.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby Tacklin' Dummy » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:33 am

The first three weeks I had Hasselbeck as a back up. I had Shaun A. starting as well as D. Jackson.

Next week I look to have Hasselbeck starting, too. I just have to weather this bye week.
Tacklin' Dummy

Friendliness: %

Postby anth » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:45 am

it's a case by case situation. I have Maddox/Plax/J.Reed
Im pushing it with that but I think it's OK to have a QB/WR combo as long as they're both good. (don't want Q.Carter/Galloway) and a kicker doesn't matter too much.

Anyone who has QB/WR/RB from the same team doesn't have a real good strategy.
anth

Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk