Boston suspended by Chargers for Sunday's game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Boston suspended by Chargers for Sunday's game

Moderator: Football Moderators

Boston suspended by Chargers for Sunday's game

Postby jeru » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:52 pm

David Boston (WR) SD 9/25/2003
Boston has been suspended for one game by the the Chargers, ESPNews reports. He was sent home on Wednesday for disciplinary reasons. No details are yet available on why he was suspended, but don't start him this week. His value should drop as who knows how long he'll be in Marty Schottenheimer's doghouse.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:03 pm

hahahahhaha :-t
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Homeless » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:35 pm

The Chargers’ website is reporting that the team has suspended David Boston for one game for “conduct detrimental to the team.” Boston will not practice with the team and will not be paid for Sunday’s game in Oakland. “This one-game suspension is the result of a pattern of conduct in which David failed to comply with team policy,” head coach Marty Schottenheimer explained. “This series of recent incidents—including some in which David has missed or been late to mandatory team activities—needed to be addressed.”

The suspension leaves the Chargers perilously thin at wide receiver. Reche Caldwell is out with a dislocated wrist. Tim Dwight sprained his MCL last week and missed Wednesday’s practice. The team is left with Eric Parker, who scored in each of the first two games, and Kassim Osgood, who may start if Dwight’s knee does not feel better by Sunday. Playing without Boston also hurts Drew Brees and LaDainian Tomlinson. This team is a mess right now.

Can it get any worse down there !
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Challie » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:09 pm

I think it CAN get worse, if Marty loses the rest of the team. Here's something from http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/ch ... rgers.html

The question now is where the Chargers go from here. By suspending Boston, they would be without one of their few offensive playmakers. Boston, who finally looked healthy last weekend, had six catches for 91 yards against the Ravens. He could have had an even bigger day if two passes hadn't been underthrown.

Privately, some team members are hoping Boston avoids suspension. They say he gives them the best chance to win a game that, for all intents and purposes, likely represents their last real chance to turn around a season that is circling the drain.

The Chargers have not scored more than 17 points in any of their three games, and they trailed by at least 20 entering the fourth quarter in each.

"We need him," said one starter. "I mean, are we trying to win games or what?"

If Boston doesn't play Sunday and Tim Dwight is sidelined with a knee injury, the team likely would start Eric Parker and undrafted rookie Kassim Osgood at wide receiver.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:37 pm

hmm too bad you don't see trades in the NFL
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless