Non-Brushing Tutorials? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Non-Brushing Tutorials?

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Non-Brushing Tutorials?

Postby washamur » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:55 am

Do they exist? lol

I've looked everywhere ... the only thing I can find, and the only tut's I have are ones that involve brushing.

I'm looking for some assistance on the bluring and blending effects.

Thanks :)
Image
QB-BigBen Delhomme Edwards Quinn
RB-LJ Gore DMAC CJohnson Slaton
WR-Driver Chambers Bowe Brown
TE-Gates
K-Prater
5-IDP's
washamur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 676
Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: West Texas

Postby chargersfan36 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:19 am

http://bballcentral.com/index.php?showforum=4
http://www.nfl-fever.net/forum/index.php?showforum=71
http://z8.invisionfree.com/WCRemix/inde ... howforum=8

If you have to be a member to see, I recommend you join anyway, unless their not accepting new members (not sure if WCX is still not allowing new members).

Find a pic that looks cool, bring it into the sig, desaturate it, adjust it (Image > Adjustments), Filter it, find a good blending mode for it, and adjust its fill/opacity until it looks good. Experiment with everything in the menus (Image, Filter, etc).

My sig has a few images in it that I found off deviantart and some other place I don't remember. I think I changed one image's brightness/contrast with some blending mode (just select one blending mode and change it with the arrow up and down keys until you find something you like). If you find the effect is overdone, lower its opacity/fill, or just add a layer mask and brush with a soft black brush (I usually put the brushes opacity around 30 and click multiple times if some areas are more overdone than others, am I making any sense? lol). Definitely experiment with lighting effects, change the mode (I think that's what it's called), color, and all of the settings. Use it on applied images or just layers filled with white.

These tips weren't really organized well but I just wrote out whatever thoughts I had. :-b

Ask me if you need me to explain any of these things further...
chargersfan36 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 532
Joined: 2 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bojanglesmn » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:29 am

Do what that guy said. ^^^^
bojanglesmn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 453
Joined: 20 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: MN

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:26 am

I've used this for a few of my last sigs: http://www.verographics.com/forum2/inde ... topic=1961
Image
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1235
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby Child_of_God_08 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:09 am

chargersfan36 wrote:(not sure if WCX is still not allowing new members).


Well thanks for mentioning that, now I know why I couldn't get in. Why aren't they accepting new members?

As for your question wash, there are some tuts over at the baseball cafe fantasy logos forum too.
FFC Battle Record: 0-1
Child_of_God_08
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 2386
Joined: 7 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:08 am

teddy ballgame wrote:I've used this for a few of my last sigs: http://www.verographics.com/forum2/inde ... topic=1961
very good tut or atleast it looks like it would come out good, but I found it not working very well, tried it a few times, and mine came out pathetic.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dem warriors » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:12 am

Child_of_God_08 wrote:
chargersfan36 wrote:(not sure if WCX is still not allowing new members).


Well thanks for mentioning that, now I know why I couldn't get in. Why aren't they accepting new members?

As for your question wash, there are some tuts over at the baseball cafe fantasy logos forum too.


Strange, I registered a couple days ago and i got in fine. :-?
Image
Image

[url=http://demwarriors.tripod.com/]My Sigs[/url]
dem warriors Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 213
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Child_of_God_08 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:53 am

dem warriors wrote:
Child_of_God_08 wrote:
chargersfan36 wrote:(not sure if WCX is still not allowing new members).


Well thanks for mentioning that, now I know why I couldn't get in. Why aren't they accepting new members?

As for your question wash, there are some tuts over at the baseball cafe fantasy logos forum too.


Strange, I registered a couple days ago and i got in fine. :-?


I didn't even get a validation email.
FFC Battle Record: 0-1
Child_of_God_08
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 2386
Joined: 7 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby washamur » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:58 pm

Thanks chargersfan! Certainly what I'm looking for ... much appreciated. ;)
Image
QB-BigBen Delhomme Edwards Quinn
RB-LJ Gore DMAC CJohnson Slaton
WR-Driver Chambers Bowe Brown
TE-Gates
K-Prater
5-IDP's
washamur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 676
Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: West Texas

Postby dem warriors » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:09 pm

Child_of_God_08 wrote:
dem warriors wrote:
Child_of_God_08 wrote:
chargersfan36 wrote:(not sure if WCX is still not allowing new members).


Well thanks for mentioning that, now I know why I couldn't get in. Why aren't they accepting new members?

As for your question wash, there are some tuts over at the baseball cafe fantasy logos forum too.


Strange, I registered a couple days ago and i got in fine. :-?


I didn't even get a validation email.


Maybe it went into your bulk? i dunno i got my validation like minutes after.
Image
Image

[url=http://demwarriors.tripod.com/]My Sigs[/url]
dem warriors Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 213
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:53 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact