Preseason Game One: Redskins at Bengals - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Preseason Game One: Redskins at Bengals

Moderator: Football Moderators

Preseason Game One: Redskins at Bengals

Postby jayday » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:18 am

Finally! We're back to football ;-)

-Rashad Jeanty looked like a heck of a player....I gotta give it to oneorange, he was the first guy around here to even give Jeanty a shot at making the roster...After last night, he's a lock...He was all over, in on every play....

-Offensive Line didn't look real good last night, but it's early so hopefully they pick things up where they left off last year....

-Chris Henry...Yea, he's making the team....Some of us were extremely naive to think he wouldn't....If Carson and Chad are willing to go to bat for him, I'm sure we can as well....Just hope he keeps his nose clean....So much potential....

-Defensive line....Wow, all I have to say is wow....They didn't even look like the same guys compared to lasdt year....Granted, Clinton Portis only had 1 carry and the rest were backups, but even just controlling the LOS, I thought they did a better job....I was impressed with the way the young guys played as a unit in the second half as well.....

-Zone Coverage...From what I could tell watching on TV, Washington had the seam, and the 10-15 yard out about any time they wanted it....Gotta tighten that up....

-Ahmad Brooks had a few plays where he looked good and a few where he looked like a rookie....But I am excited for his future though....

-Doug Johnson, I actually thought he played well last night....His deep ball to Glenn Holt was really ugly, but he completed almost all his other passes and he did pretty good for not taking any snaps last week....

-What has gotten in to Kyle Larson?? He looked much better last night than he did last year, he put 3 inside the 20 including 2 inside the six! The training camp reports must have been spot on....

-Squirrel Dance! Guys, we gotta treasure these everytime they happen, we may not get many more chances...

-Carson warmed up last night without the brace on....That surprised me, he looked good, but he said he still was struggling with it mentally with being able to stare down the field if he felt the rust coming....

-Chad's Hair :-b: No further comment needed.....

Some things looked good, some things looked improved, some things needed work....3 preseason games left to get everything in tune....September 10th is fast approaching, Who Dey!
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:31 am

I was at the game, and some things I noticed were:

- Jonathan Joseph looked pretty good

- Chris Henry was great, and we need him to stay out of any more trouble

- The O-Line was terrible, causing Rudi to be bad, but that's what the first preseason game will do for ya

- The secondary got burned on several occasions during the first quarter when most of the starters were in

- Anthony Wright looked very confused at times running our no huddle offense, causing the whole offense to be in disarray

- Rookie defensive lineman Domata Peko (2006 draft: 4th round; 123rd overall) looked awesome. He brought a ton of energy to the defense and made some nice plays. He should have an outside chance to make the team (Peko is the one with the long hair, in case you were wondering :-b)

- And finally, Amhad Brooks might just our gift from God. If he pans out (which I have almost no doubt he will barring any trouble with the law), we will have a great, young core of defensive players with Odell Thurman, David Pollack, Jonathan Joseph and Amhad Brooks (among others). He's 6'3'', 259 pounds, and has the chance to be special. We should definitely be excited about him!

Lot of bright spots,with a few bad spots. Can't wait for the next game!
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby xted30 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:06 pm

Lotta good points here guys. The defense looked good. Robinson rushed pretty well from the end spot and caused the throw that Thornton picked and the one that caused the safety. The offensive line looked a little shoddy, but they're too solid to not pick it up. I think they'll have extra motivation once Carson comes back, as they'll want to keep him on his feet as much as possible. Henry looked good, but I'm still a little concerned about his legal troubles. Good start to the preseason though.

WHO-DEY!!
xted30
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby whodey#9 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:59 pm

thank you for the game breakdown guys ;-D hope i get to read something like this after everygame.
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby firesword » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:28 pm

said comments were true but Wrights perfect TD pass to the corner really made me feel better about possibly not having palmer all the time.
firesword
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 17)

Return to Cincinnati Bengals