First MNF game, are u ready for some Kornheiser? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

First MNF game, are u ready for some Kornheiser?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:03 pm

It should be Kornheiser, Wilbon, and Lebitard (sp?) as the 3 MNF guys. That'd be very funny.

Theismann and Tirico are lame...to the max.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:45 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:It should be Kornheiser, Wilbon, and Lebitard (sp?) as the 3 MNF guys. That'd be very funny.

I could see Wilbon, but Lebi-turd? :-b

Would be funny though.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:54 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:It should be Kornheiser, Wilbon, and Lebitard (sp?) as the 3 MNF guys. That'd be very funny.

i dont know if Wilbon would make anything better; youd just hear him and Kornheiser arguing the entire game. :-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Metroid » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:00 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:

i dont know if Wilbon would make anything better; youd just hear him and Kornheiser arguing the entire game. :-b

True but I'd rather listen to 10 hours of that than 10 minutes of Theismann. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby citybirds27 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:25 pm

I think he did a pretty good job, but yeah I would like to see Wilbon on they're too :-b
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:46 am

I thought Kornheiser did okay. I do wonder if he has enough football depth. Not knowing what a silent count was? That is Milleresque ignorance. Still not bad to listen to, and I think he'll get better once he settles into the role.

What I really had trouble with was Mike Tirico. A nice guy, and easy enough to talk to in person, but he blew last night. I don't quite understand why they couldn't have found someone who could call a game with some cadence and emote a little. He was way to drab, and droned on too long calling a play. Hopefully he'll get better, but that monotone voice...... :-P

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby moonhead » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:20 am

moochman wrote:I thought Kornheiser did okay. I do wonder if he has enough football depth. Not knowing what a silent count was? That is Milleresque ignorance. Still not bad to listen to, and I think he'll get better once he settles into the role.

What I really had trouble with was Mike Tirico. A nice guy, and easy enough to talk to in person, but he blew last night. I don't quite understand why they couldn't have found someone who could call a game with some cadence and emote a little. He was way to drab, and droned on too long calling a play. Hopefully he'll get better, but that monotone voice...... :-P

he won't get better. that's his style. and it sucks. i think the kornheiser ignorance is an angle they're working trying to involve the more ignorant folks about football in the game. so they don't feel on the outside so much when they watch a game. i hate mike tirico and i hate focus groups.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:15 am

moonhead wrote:he won't get better. that's his style. and it sucks. i think the kornheiser ignorance is an angle they're working trying to involve the more ignorant folks about football in the game. so they don't feel on the outside so much when they watch a game. i hate mike tirico and i hate focus groups.

I don't know. I read some interviews in which Kornheirser sounds as if he doens't follow football that closely. As for the focus groups, I can only imagine what else espn showed these people. A booth of Irvin and Dickerson doing color and Stuie Scott at play by play would make anyone else sound like the reincarnate of Howard, Dandy Dan, and Gifford.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby deacon » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:18 am

moochman wrote:I thought Kornheiser did okay. I do wonder if he has enough football depth. Not knowing what a silent count was? That is Milleresque ignorance. Still not bad to listen to, and I think he'll get better once he settles into the role.

Kornheiser has been a sportswriter for the Washington Post for 35 years. I'm pretty sure he knows what a silent count is all about. I think he is playing the role of the 'common folk connection'.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby gablefan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:57 am

I think Kornheiser was too PTI last night. As in arguing alot with Theisman. Not that I mind him arguing with Theeeesman, and it is nice to hear someone not just be a goat and follow the heard. But if I wanted to hear that much arguing I would hit mute and listen to my wife!
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting