First MNF game, are u ready for some Kornheiser? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

First MNF game, are u ready for some Kornheiser?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Bowie » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:45 pm

Did you all hear Theisman tonight when he said, “Reggie Bush has a uniqueness you’re not going to find in many NFL running backs”?
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevster1 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:20 pm

I may be the lone dissenter, but is Theisman realy that bad? It seems that people love to bash him. Theisman knows the game, and in my opinion calls a good game. On a personal note, i know several people who have met Theisman, and they all have said that he is one of the most gracious people that they have ever met. Living in Vegas I know several people in the service industy, who have had interaction's with Dennis Miller, and by all account's is the biggest pompous ass that they have ever dealt with. Kornheiser will get better every week, and will be fine if people stop dissecting his every word.
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:54 pm

anyone catch the Theismann line about two-TE sets and their affect on Bledsoe?:

Theismann: "He has the opportunity to be protected." %-6
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:42 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:anyone catch the Theismann line about two-TE sets and their affect on Bledsoe?:

Theismann: "He has the opportunity to be protected." %-6

Though I like Theismann much more than most, I was befuddled by that one. But TonyTonyTony's moronic question about the two TE set up was much worse. If that is what they want to use Kornheiser for they should just save money and have an animated talking football tell people about football 101.
Not impressed at all with Kornheiser.
Thought that Tirico did better last night. He didn't try to push his voice so much.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby TheDeepBomb » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:33 pm

I like Madden better than Theisman

And Al Michaels was the best ;-D
2009 Winner - 12 Man Yahoo PPR League "We will mock you" - MVP - Phillip Rivers
2009 Winner - 12 Man Yahoo PPR League "Do dirties" - MVP - Joe Flacco
2009 Runner-Up - 14 Man Yahoo PPR League "Posse 4 Life" - MVP - MJD
TheDeepBomb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Yellowbird » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:42 pm

What got me more than anything else is these guys don't seem to like each other. You could see Joey QB getting annoyed every time Tony questioned one of his statements. That's what Kornhole does for a living. He argues with another sports writer, of course he's gonna bring that personality into the booth!

I would give $20 to hear Walton in there just once.

And a lot more to have Al and John back.

Thanks to madaslives911 for the Sig.
Yellowbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby dgan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:28 am

Tirico - My only problem with him is that I associate him with golf. He could be calling an exciting football play and I still feel like I'm falling asleep during a Mickelson putt. I liked Patrick MUCH better.

Kornheiser - I like Tony. I think he is still a 'rookie' with the whole live game commentary. He seemed nervous in the first game and more relaxed as we go along. He is the only one in the booth that adds any wit at all, so at least he breaks it up a little. The only thing that irritates me is his hyperbole is outrageous. Palmer did not play 12 thousand years ago...I think 5 years would have made that comment funny.

Thighs man - I actually liked him better with the idiot ex-kicker, Maguire <sp?>. Next to him, Joe actually sounded intellectual. Now Tony is the smarter of the two, so Joe's idiocy is pronounced.

I have a bigger issue with MNF, though. Why the **** do they put the score right in the middle of the screen?!?!?! This is ESPN for crying out loud - what stupid non-sports fan came up with that brilliant idea. Stupid. Stupid.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby The_Dude » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:27 pm

SniperShot wrote:Theisman was bashing almost everything Tony said last week. Other than that it was pretty good overall. I am looking forward to watching a bit of the game tonight!

From what little I've seen of the new Monday Night Crew...

Tirico - meh, he's ok... could be worse

Theisman - worst announcer in the history of the NFL

Kornheiser - everything that I had hoped Dennis Miller would be like (but sucked at)

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby SniperShot » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:58 pm

Personally I never really liked the fake enthusiasm Tirico always seemed to put into his play by play. I think he has gotten better and I actually like him. I know I won't miss Mcguire from last years Sunday night crew.

Tony is awesome. I've always loved PTI and he writes some pretty good articles in the post which I like to keep up with.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting