Do i have to watch those annoying announcers on MNF - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Do i have to watch those annoying announcers on MNF

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:29 am

Tirico is awful. You have to have a play-by-play guy who is listenable, can cover up a lot of sins of the other booth-mates. Tirico can't carry himself. He, like espn's silly scoring graphics, need to go.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:37 am

i didnt see any of the game, but i like Kornheiser on PTI, but i have reservations about him calling an NFL game

Theisman and Tirico are brutal, but at least Paul McGuire is out of the picture on ESPN
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jnormy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:58 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:every year we get to hear about how much you guys hate the announcers. THEY ARE JUST ANNOUNCERS! If you are so annoyed by them use the mute button, dont let in ruin your football experience and dont post a thread every week on who you hate them! :-°

youre pretty much doing exactly what youre telling everyone else not to do. !+)

how do you figure miner? :-?

I just get tired of seeing these posts every week during the season.

"if you dont like them mute them." that's what you said. we'll if you dont like these threads dont read or post in them. not trying to be annoying, just thought it was a bit funny.

Great point, Miner. It's pretty clear from the subject line what this post is about, so consider the mouse your virtual "mute" button and move on to the next thread if ya don't like it. :-)

P.S. I think this thread is esp. relevant this year, with a new network and new announcers taking over MNF. IMO, once he gets comfortable, TK's gonna be an entertaining and knowledgeable addition to the team.
jnormy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cinderboy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:21 pm

I still like Joe though, I think he is doing very well. He actually does have plenty of worthwhile things to say.

Don't remember it exactly, but one of Joe's worthwhile things to say was:

..."We shouldn't call these guys geniuses. Albert Newton, now that guy was a genius ..."

referring to some of the coaches.
Cinderboy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby slowride » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:00 pm

Joe was horrible. Tirico was horrible. The scoring graphic was horrible. The game was horrible. I'm leaving hope for tony.

This is probably the worst crew i've ever heard. The only way it could get any worse is if they add in chris berman.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby danleroi22 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:02 pm

Tony K. is pretty good... great addition. He offsets the sometimes annoying Theisman quite well.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cover 2 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:16 pm

Tony has no bravado or coinfidence all his statements are questions, he does however at least give Theisman a hard time. I think Tony K. is a great personality, but I don't think he'll be a good broadcaster till he gets some coindfidence in his ability to call games.
Cover 2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby terpfan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:46 pm

Cover 2 wrote:Tony has no bravado or coinfidence all his statements are questions, he does however at least give Theisman a hard time. I think Tony K. is a great personality, but I don't think he'll be a good broadcaster till he gets some coindfidence in his ability to call games.

Yeah I agree. But I'll give him at least a few weeks into the regular season before I draw a conclusion on whether he can do that.

And last night's game did remind me that I really do like Theismann alot...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:21 pm

Watch it in a bar and play QB1 instead ;-D
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:29 pm

Cover 2 wrote:Tony has no bravado or coinfidence all his statements are questions, he does however at least give Theisman a hard time. I think Tony K. is a great personality, but I don't think he'll be a good broadcaster till he gets some coindfidence in his ability to call games.

very well said, i agree. he came off way to timid. i think that will wear off.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk