5 rb's I am now avoiding - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

5 rb's I am now avoiding

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bulger2holt » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:23 pm

I am going to be more conservative this year in the early rounds.
My first rounders are :
1) SA
2) LJ
3)LT
4)tiki
5) rudi
6) Sjax
7) brown
8) jordan
9) caddy
10) holt
11) chad johnson
12) s. smith

rd 2
1) edge
2) parker
3) westbrook
4) r. moss
5) TO
6) harrison
7) wayne
8)mcgahee
9) fitzgerald
10) bolden
11)gates
12) j. lewis

Im sure portis , dd, manning, k. jones and maybe somebody else will be taken in rds 1 and 2 , so a few of the players I listed will fall to the beginning of rd 3.
bulger2holt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lordrevolution » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:25 am

I think most of you are crazy. I understand the concern about Portis, but you're talking about the guy who was previously the near-unanimous 4th overall pick. He's a living breathing monster, and he's got at least three weeks to get himself healthy. This may-not-play-game-one bull is just that. Sure there's the hightened chance of him getting reinjured, but I think every player goes into the season with about a 15% percent chance of being injured at one point. Portis was my 3rd overall RB before the injury, and although it ups his risk terribly I still expect top 3RB production when he does play.
Chester Taylor is another one I don't get. Someone said something in this post about him having a bad O-line... except for the fact that the Vikings have possibly the best O line in the game, not to meantion the addition of the litteral truck that Alexander broke the TD record running behind last year. Then you have people who claim that given that their QB is older then the hills the D's will stack the box, only Johnson's a smart QB, think the opposite of Farve, who will make most of his passes and will throw a lot of check downs to close WRs for 5ish yard spurts. Bad for the Vikings WRs yeah, but there will be no big playmaker who will steal major TDs and yardage away from Taylor, while the consistant small yards gains will force the D's to play honest. Last, from everything I've read they're also planning on using Talyor out of the backfeild as another WR ala Westbrook, who when healthy is a top ten back.
As for KJ, all I have to say is no Harrington, I think that alone makes the entire team look better.
DD will be injured, don't argue that one.
As for Edge I've never been a big fan of him, but if he falls to me after pick nine I would find it impossible to pass him over.

Yeah thats my 2 cents
Lordrevolution
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Niffoc4 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:52 am

I think Portis is someone you maybe move down a couple of slots, but totally avoid, I don't think so. In fact, I am hoping this shoulder injury is the thing that allows him to slip to 9 in my draft. I will draft Betts to back him up, but that's because I have faith in the scheme they will be running.

Edge is a tough one I think... he has pretty much never had a bad year, and over the last 5 years or so the Cardinals have never had a good RB... have the Cardinals RB's been that bad or is it their O-line? We'll find out this year.
Niffoc4
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mattb47 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:55 am

Also note that there have been many many times in training camp and preseason that veteran players seem more injured than they actually are. Quite honestly nearly all of the vets don't really like to participate in training camp and play in the preseason games. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was an injury that Portis could normally come back the next week or in 2 at the most and be good to go but sees this as a great opportunity to miss the rest of the preseason and get ready for the regular season games.

Not saying I know this is the case for sure.....but it's definitely happened before....
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:21 am

bulger2holt wrote:I am going to be more conservative this year in the early rounds.
My first rounders are :
1) SA
2) LJ
3)LT
4)tiki
5) rudi
6) Sjax
7) brown
8) jordan
9) caddy
10) holt
11) chad johnson
12) s. smith

rd 2
1) edge
2) parker
3) westbrook
4) r. moss
5) TO
6) harrison
7) wayne
8)mcgahee
9) fitzgerald
10) bolden
11)gates
12) j. lewis

Im sure portis , dd, manning, k. jones and maybe somebody else will be taken in rds 1 and 2 , so a few of the players I listed will fall to the beginning of rd 3.

Craziest list I've ever seen in my life. WAAAAAY too many WRs on this list. No portis gives you NO credibility. Lewis, McGahee, Gates, Wayne, PARKER!!!, ahead of Portis??

Rudi, I give you nothing but Rushing at #5? Rudi has no upside. He'll get you the 1400 and 12 he's got the last 2 years. And he may even lose some carries to Perry, and will lose all receiving to Perry.

Manning has 2 WRs in the top 20 and he's not on the list with no RB this year? Like I said, WAAAAAAY too many WRs on this list.

And Parker??? He'll be lucky to score 5 TDs.

Anyway, to the original post. Carzy not to include Portis in the first 2 rounds. Edge I like anywhere from 6 to 10 (personal preference). KJ I like in the 3rd round. Chester, well I haven't seen him go in the first 2 rounds so I don't even know why he's mentioned, but he could be a steal in the 4th or later. And DD will probably be injured.

So yeah first 2 rounds I don't take Taylor, KJ probably not, and DD I let some one else have him. As for Portis and Edge, first round picks.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:14 am

You guys are underestimating Davis. He`s going to be injured all season. Based on what, him not playing in a preseason game, and having a sore knee. The man will put up studly numbers, much better than Edge, Or McGahee, both whom go in the same range. I feel completely comfortable taking him in the second, if no WR value presents itself.

Taking a DE instead of Bush is a testament to how comfortable the Texans are with DD. And don`t pull the ``They only picked Williams because he wanted less money`` crap. It`s all irrelevant--they both will make alot of money this season. If they really wanted Bush, they would have taken him.

DD in the 2nd, 3rd equals runner up for steal of the year.
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Matthias » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:23 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:And Parker??? He'll be lucky to score 5 TDs.

.... by week 3. ;-) Fast Willie Parker will have a big year.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:14 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Im happy to see so many people undervaluing Kevin Jones.

Thanks fellas! ;-D

Agree. Jon Kitna looked freakin SHARP out there. I don't see how you can possibly downgrade him based on what we've seen thus far in the preseason.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby MickDaddy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:58 pm

Edge behind that horrible AZ O line is enough to scare me off. If I can get him cheap enough in our auction on the 27th, I'll take him, but I'm not going out of my way.

MickDaddy
Starters - 12 Team Leauge

Delhomme

L. Johnson
W. Parker

R. Moss
S. Smith
D. Driver

R. Longwell

IDPs
MickDaddy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby petedog9 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:12 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Im happy to see so many people undervaluing Kevin Jones.

Thanks fellas! ;-D

Agree. Jon Kitna looked freakin SHARP out there. I don't see how you can possibly downgrade him based on what we've seen thus far in the preseason.

I am liking him as well and am targetting him as a value pick. ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk