N.O. RB situation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

N.O. RB situation

Moderator: Football Moderators

N.O. RB situation

Postby MotorCityKitties » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:19 pm

Alot of people are excited about reggie bush, but what about Deuce. I've heard that he might be the starter with reggie playing in the slot.

How much do these two negatively affect each other's value? What are you projecting for each this season?
MotorCityKitties
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mrblitz » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:23 pm

This is one situation, I haven't got figured out yet. One thing is for sure, if Deuce is healthy, than at best if will be rbbc. IMO

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BeefSandwiches » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:40 pm

I think if Deuce is healthy, he will get the majority of the carries on rushing plays with the total number of touches for him and Bush to be pretty equal.

IMO, both players will be on the field at the same time quite often. From 2002-2004, Deuce averaged about 50 catches a year so both players are a threat to do a lot of things and I think Sean Peyton is smart enough to utilize both weapons at the same time.

I don't think either one will light up the fantasy scoreboards this season, but if both are healthy I think they will both put up decent stats.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:57 pm

Reggie Bush to NO was one of the most devastating things to happen to FF. It killed two great FF RBs in one fell swoop.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm

At best (for Bush owners) I see Deuce as a short yardage/goal-line back, with an odd series or two per game as the primary back. At worst (for Bush owners) Deuce is the primary back and Bush is the 3rd down/long yardage back.

I love Bush in a keeper league (duh), but am lower on him than most in a redraft league.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Vixtor » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:21 pm

It's not rocket science people. Reggie Bush will get 210-240 carries and 40-60 receptions. Deuce gets about 110-130 carries. You are flat out nuts if you believe Deuce will have the majority of the load. To put it in stat projections I'd say Bush's total yards from scrimmage (not counting returns) will be about 1600 with 8-12 td's. If you aren't taking him in the middle of the second round then you'll regret it.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby petedog9 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:28 pm

Vixtor wrote:It's not rocket science people. Reggie Bush will get 210-240 carries and 40-60 receptions. Deuce gets about 110-130 carries. You are flat out nuts if you believe Deuce will have the majority of the load. To put it in stat projections I'd say Bush's total yards from scrimmage (not counting returns) will be about 1600 with 8-12 td's. If you aren't taking him in the middle of the second round then you'll regret it.

Somebody is drinking the Reggie Bush Kool-Aid..... If your stats are even close to accurate. Why would you even wait until the 2nd round to draft him? You better get him in the first because those are first round numbers.

Reggie Bush has never carried a full load even behind the dominate offensive line of USC verse the rest of the Pac 10. He had White there to take the grunt of the work. Will he be good ...YES... Rookie of the year? hell they have already annointed that to him. His hype is unreal right now and I am not buying it 100%. I agree though, somebody will probably draft him in the second. It just wont be me....
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby boojumsnark25 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:39 pm

Vixtor wrote:It's not rocket science people. Reggie Bush will get 210-240 carries and 40-60 receptions. Deuce gets about 110-130 carries. You are flat out nuts if you believe Deuce will have the majority of the load. To put it in stat projections I'd say Bush's total yards from scrimmage (not counting returns) will be about 1600 with 8-12 td's. If you aren't taking him in the middle of the second round then you'll regret it.

ridiculous
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Vixtor » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:03 pm

petedog9 wrote:If your stats are even close to accurate. Why would you even wait until the 2nd round to draft him? You better get him in the first because those are first round numbers.

I wait until the second round because he always falls there. And, 210 carries is hardly a full load (that would be 320+). I'm saying he will get 40-60 more carries than Tatum Bell... how is that totally unrealistic? Carnell Williams had 290 carries despite splitting in college AND missing two games. I'm predicting way less than that. Yet, clearly this is inconcievable. BTW, I didn't say he will rush for 1600 yards. More like 1100 rushing, 500 recieving. Tell me, I beg you... why is this not even close to accurate of a projection?
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:14 pm

petedog9 wrote:Reggie Bush has never carried a full load even behind the dominate offensive line of USC verse the rest of the Pac 10. He had White there to take the grunt of the work.

People keep saying this kind of stuff without ACTUALLY looking at it.

Bush had 22 touches a game his senior year, just as many or nearly as many as several workhorse backs in the NFL like Mcgahee had and more than some others. It's also the same amount that Marshall Marshall Marshall averaged in his record breaking 26 TD, 2000+ yard season.

People see RBBC at USC and think it meant he didn't get many touches, but USC used their RBs enough to give both guys a full-sized workload.

And FYI for everyone out there talking about carries...Faulk had only 250 carries in each of his best seasons, including all but one of his 2000+ yard seasons and all of his 20+ TD seasons.

In each of those seasons he averaged 21-23 total touches per game, and 16-18 carries per game.
Last edited by Free Bagel on Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk