WR depth ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WR depth ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aussieboy » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:04 am

I always come out of drafts with great RB depth but poor WR depth. I do this on purpose. WR is the easiest position to fill out during a season. It's not hard to trade for them and there are many options that emerge during the season. Don't worry too much about it.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DGroundhog » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:57 am

Yeah, I kinda agree you should be more worried about a 3rd RB with the flex position.

What you DO have is two very solid RB's, and a couple nice WR's. Your also set at QB. A 3rd WR is usually about the quality of the guys you have as your 3rd and 4th WR's are.

I'd keep an eye on the Jets situation in the next couple of days. A trade that makes sense to me is Duckett, since ATL certainly appears willing to trade him, and the Jets are actively looking for an upgrade at RB.

Dominick Rhodes might be a good grab (assuming Addai was drafted).

The Denver situation is in it's perpetual toss-up stage. Maybe Mike Bell or Ron Dayne would be a good pick up (in that order).

DeShaun Foster seems to get chronically injured, so maybe DeAngelo Williams should be on your radar as well.

There's almost always a RB who gets hurt early, so be quick to swoop in on one before you hear any official word.

You look pretty set at WR for the opening weeks. I'm hoping Troy Williamson can have a big year for my Vikes, and he doesn't always get drafted. Lots of speed and potential there, and he'll start. More of an obligatory, homer plug than an actual tout for a breakout year, but the kid can do alot when given the ball.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bklik » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:16 am

Has Greg Jones been drafted yet? He may not be a starter yet, but he will be upon a Taylor injury.
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:53 am

Throw a link up for your league or list some of the undrafted players. It's too hard trying to figure who a sleeper is when we don't even know who is out there.

List some RBs as well.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk