Pace Injury Update - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to St. Louis Rams

Pace Injury Update

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pace Injury Update

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:15 pm

ST. LOUIS -- A day after the biggest injury scare the St. Louis Rams have endured this preseason, the focus of that concern, Orlando Pace, returned to the practice field.

The perennial Pro Bowl offensive tackle left practice on a cart Monday morning after third-year defensive end Anthony Hargrove rolled into the back of Pace's right leg. Pace said his ankle, knee and hip all got banged up in the collision, but no serious injuries were detected.

"You hope it's nothing serious," he said after Tuesday's practice. "You didn't want a (hurt) knee or a bad ankle or anything. But once the X-rays came back and everything was negative, I was happy.

"We're taking it day by day and see how it feels. I worked out today and I was a little sore after I did the workout, so we'll see how it feels tomorrow."

Pace rode a stationary bike and worked out with a medicine ball with running back Paul Smith for part of Tuesday's two-hour practice. He spent the rest of the time on the sidelines watching his teammates practice.

At first, Pace did not know how badly he was injured. But he said he didn't have too much time to dwell on it.

"When I went down it looked a lot worse than it actually was," he said. "(Defensive end) Leonard (Little) picked me up so quick I didn't have a chance to check myself."

Coach Scott Linehan said Pace could have practiced Tuesday, but the coaching staff held him out as a precaution. His condition will be evaluated every day leading up to the Rams' second preseason game Saturday against Houston.

Linehan didn't say whether Pace would play against the Texans.

"It's unfortunately part of the game and we ride that fine line when we evaluate how much we need to play versus how much we don't play our definite starters and proven veterans," Linehan said. "But there is a fine line where you've got to look at some things to get yourself ready."
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to St. Louis Rams