Springs Out For 3-6 Weeks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Washington Redskins

Springs Out For 3-6 Weeks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Springs Out For 3-6 Weeks

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:19 pm

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington cornerback Shawn Springs underwent surgery Tuesday to repair to a muscle tear in his lower abdomen and is expected to be sidelined three to six weeks.

The surgery repaired a minor tear in an abdominal muscle that attaches to the pubic bone. Springs traveled to Durham, N.C., for the procedure.

The injury rules Springs out for the rest of the preseason and could cause him to miss the opening weeks of the regular season. The Redskins open Sept. 11 against Minnesota.

Aware of Springs' ailment, the Redskins acquired Mike Rumph from San Francisco in a trade on Monday. Springs and Carlos Rogers have been the team's projected starters. Kenny Wright, who struggled in Sunday's preseason game at Cincinnati, has been the nickel back.

Springs didn't miss a practice during the first two weeks of training camp and played against the Bengals, but he had been bothered in recent days by the injury.

Springs missed last season's playoff victory over Tampa Bay with a groin injury and missed part of the loss at Seattle the following week.

The 10th-year veteran is a leader of the Redskins highly touted defense. He has started 30 of 32 regular season games since joining the team as a free agent from Seattle in 2004.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gibbs_Wagon » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:02 am

well.. an ominous start to the preseason... but, better to have these kinds of things (springs/clinton) happen now, and not week 14.
Gibbs_Wagon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:10 pm

yeah i'm not too worried about these little injuries. I'm sure they will be goo to go by oepneing day or maybe game 2.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:07 pm

I just really hope we get him back for week 2. We need all the DBs we can get vs Dallas.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby STaylor21 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:56 pm

I think that Springs and Portis will play against the Vikings and will be fine throughout the season
STaylor21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Redskins.14 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:02 pm

Yea i agree with STaylor21. Portis will be in good shape for the season opener and so should Springs.
Redskins.14
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Washington Redskins