Bye Weeks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bye Weeks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bye Weeks

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:35 am

i have never looked at bye weeks in the past but it seems to be more important than ever this year. the nfl is clumping a lot of teams together with the same bye weeks and i was wondering which way you guys draft. do you try and get your studs with the same 1 or 2 weeks or do you try and spread your team out?
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bye Weeks

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:39 am

sadlyajetsfan wrote:i have never looked at bye weeks in the past but it seems to be more important than ever this year. the nfl is clumping a lot of teams together with the same bye weeks and i was wondering which way you guys draft. do you try and get your studs with the same 1 or 2 weeks or do you try and spread your team out?

i dont usually pay attention to bye weeks. if i look back and see that 2 of my starters have the same bye week, ill live with it and be that much stronger for all the other weeks. it matters a bit more in redraft than it does dynasty.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vixtor » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:42 am

You want to avoid backups with bye weeks the same as starters but otherwise just ignore it.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:59 am

i read an article that said it was better to get your starters all in the same 2 bye weeks or so because you will be 100% all the other weeks. i am doing an auction draft so i can take either strategy, i was thinking about doing it only with my starting rbs who i will have both with the same bye week. i would make sure that the rbs have week 7 or so byes and take rbs that will go for cheap but will see more playing time as the season progresses. by week 7 someone like maroney or addai may be decent starters
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:04 am

sadlyajetsfan wrote:i read an article that said it was better to get your starters all in the same 2 bye weeks or so because you will be 100% all the other weeks. i am doing an auction draft so i can take either strategy, i was thinking about doing it only with my starting rbs who i will have both with the same bye week. i would make sure that the rbs have week 7 or so byes and take rbs that will go for cheap but will see more playing time as the season progresses. by week 7 someone like maroney or addai may be decent starters

Some subscribe to that theory, I don't happen to. Byes are a bigger pain this year because they end as of week 9 instead of week 10 as in the past and as a result weeks 6 & 7 are really bad because there are six teams off on both those weeks.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby DGroundhog » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:09 am

I pretty much ignored it, but when it came to taking a K and a D I intentionally drafted those positions to not have bye weeks that clashed with my bye week dilemnas in weeks 6 and 7.

I also paid a little attention to my back-up selections at RB, WR and QB, but not so much that I passed on a player I coveted alot more than another.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby pangbones » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:14 am

stomperrob wrote:
Some subscribe to that theory, I don't happen to. Byes are a bigger pain this year because they end as of week 9 instead of week 10 as in the past and as a result weeks 6 & 7 are really bad because there are six teams off on both those weeks.

8-o Whoa, I didn't notice that!!

I don't put much into the bye weeks either. I usually draft the best player available, regardless of position, and bye weeks, early on that is. In deeper leagues, you may need to pay more attention to it, but in a 10 or 12 man league, you don't need to worry much about them. Ideally you're gonna want your backups to have different bye weeks than your starters, but I wouldn't pass on a good player just because the bye week is the same.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DGroundhog » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:39 am

pangbones wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

8-o Whoa, I didn't notice that!!

Well, that explains my dilemna.

Of course, I shot myself in the foot a bit by taking Rams with my first 2 picks.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk