Can you manipulate Yahoo! to do this kind of league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Can you manipulate Yahoo! to do this kind of league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can you manipulate Yahoo! to do this kind of league?

Postby Sticky Spice » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:23 am

I was looking at the league they're doing in Fantasy Football Index mag. 12-team, 22 rds or so, no transactions, no lineups/best ball, and you play all the other teams each week.

What would it take to do a league like this on yahoo?

Is the commissioner allowed to go back and change lineups AFTER the games are played? This would take care of best ball scoring. I think this would be the clincher.

As for record - you'd have to keep track of that yourself and post the standings on the message board. Awkward, but functional.

See any flaws?
Sticky Spice
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can you manipulate Yahoo! to do this kind of league?

Postby mbuser » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:26 am

Sticky Spice wrote:Is the commissioner allowed to go back and change lineups AFTER the games are played?

i'll just comment on this aspect -- in custom leagues, the commish can edit past lineups at any time, and the stats/records will automatically update retroactively after the changes are made
mbuser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Vixtor » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:47 am

What do you mean play every team each week? Why not just points only?
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sticky Spice » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:17 pm

Good question. I'll read the article again to see if they explain. But one good thing about playing every other team every week is that consistency would be rewarded. Also, I love head-to-head and this way you don't totally lose the head-to-head aspect of it. In roto-style points league if you are way behind halfway through the season you have nothing to look forward to. In head-to-head you could have the worst record in the league and still sweep everyone that week.

I think it sounds like a blast and adds all kinds of interesting strategy to how you would draft your team.
Sticky Spice
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:19 pm

i cant tell if this sounds like a SURVIVOR League or not...bascially you draft a team, no lineup changes and lowest scoring team each week is voted off

...not sure if Yahoo can do that though, but it's a fun twist
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to Football Talk