which duo will be more productive... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

which duo will be more productive...

Moderator: Football Moderators

which duo will be more productive...

Postby joshua502000 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:24 am

I have cedric benson and thomas jones both on my team but someone just dropped joseph addai and dominic rhodes is a free agent. I am looking for more stability in my RB's since they consist of Portis, DD, CB, TJ and mike bell or are my 5 just fine? I am a little scared with injury,injury,injury,questionable carries, and is this guy for real.
TEAM:QB's Matt H, Steve Mcnair
RB's Portis,Davis,Cedric,Tom Jones,and Mike Bell
WR's CJ,TO,D Jax,Keenan, Moulds
TE Whitten
K Elam
Def tampa
joshua502000
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:39 am

Is this a very small league? BOth Addai and Dominic free agents? Hmmmm.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Crimedogg32 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:41 am

id maybe cut moulds and mcnair if you want to take a chance on the duo. Id rather have the Bears duo at this point.
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:54 am

I know that INDY is a offensive powerhouse but I would rather have Chicago's duo. I think that Manning will resort to passing more this year then last year. Bear's only offense is their running game, thats my reasoning. Good luck, either duo should be decent.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Vixtor » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:09 am

Hmm, cut Moulds and Bell or McNair and pick them both up. To answer your question though I think the Bears duo might be a little better except they happen to have a third wheel that could do some damage (Adrian Peterson).
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby pangbones » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:17 am

I'd take Rhodes over Bell right now. I don't think Mike Bell will be the starter, but that remains to be seen. I'd take the Bears first as well, but I would try to get at least one of the Indy Backs. I'd cut, McNair, Moulds or Bell for at least one of them if not both.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DGroundhog » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:31 am

I like Addai. He may not get the majority of the carries off the bat, but he could be a very nice player to own sooner rather than later.

I actually like Addai better than R Bush since Bush is going in the 2nd or 3rd round and you can get Addai in the 5th or 6th at the earliest. Barring a Duece injury (not that unlikely) Bush will split touches at best. Addai actually has a chance to grab the job outright in Indy.

Addai is a good blocker, so to me it is quite conceivable that he grabs the job full time and relegates Rhodes to a back-up (I'm not saying he gets the job because he can block and isn't a productive runner, I'm saying they won't be afraid to use him full-time).

Bush won't be doing that to Duece. Injury may get Bush a full time gig, but his play is quite a bit less likely to do that than Addai's play IMO.

If both Rhodes and Addai are there though, I'd actually consider dumping Mike Bell. I just don't see him being the starter for long, if at all by the time opening day rolls around. Another fumble and it's off to the Shanahan doghouse for him.

As sweet as it is to have the Denver starter, it is just as agonizing to watch the Shanahanigans involved in determining who that guy is. I wouldn't draft any of them high, and Tatum is the only one I'd keep for any length of time until I knew better (assuming I had other promising options).

Between your Bear platoon and a Colt platoon, you should eventually get two starters out of that mix. I'd go that route rather than gamble on Mike Bell getting and keeping the gig.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:19 am

Two reasons I'd rather have the Bears duo:

1) Less likely to be a RBBC than Indy
2) Still a chance TJ gets traded and you have two starters not one.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk