Randy Moss... back to Earth FF owners! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss... back to Earth FF owners!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:12 am

DrSpackle wrote:I dunno. He's got too much talent. And his size and athleticism makes him a great red zone option. Keeping Randy motivated is his biggest drawback.

This is exactly my opinion right here. Keeping the guy happy may be the only way to keep him productive. Kind of childish, but there you go. :-[
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:13 am

DrSpackle wrote:I dunno. He's got too much talent. And his size and athleticism makes him a great red zone option. Keeping Randy motivated is his biggest drawback.

No, his biggest drawback is the black and silver jersey he is wearing (and the other guys wearing that jersey around him).

The Raiders are terrible, and I am avoiding them all until the last round of the draft.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:19 am

onnestabe wrote:

No, his biggest drawback is the black and silver jersey he is wearing (and the other guys wearing that jersey around him).

The Raiders are terrible, and I am avoiding them all until the last round of the draft.

You wouldn't take Lamont or Randy in the 12th round? :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:24 am

Yeah but can you imagine if Rich Gannon version 2002 were still the QB in Oakland? Randy Moss would be a first round pick easily!
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby onnestabe » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:33 am

Jimboozie wrote:
onnestabe wrote:

You wouldn't take Lamont or Randy in the 12th round? :-b

No. ;-7 :-b
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:37 am

Wesley Walker wrote:Yeah but can you imagine if Rich Gannon version 2002 were still the QB in Oakland? Randy Moss would be a first round pick easily!

While we're in fantasy land why don't we just throw Tim Brown and Marcus Allen in their prime in there too?

This is why I wish they wouldn't play preseason games. Now everyone is going to see what I already knew. That Aaron Brooks is still going to suck, and he is going to drag Moss down with him. I was counting on guys taking them much too high, and with all this coverage the other owners might get wise.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bklik » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:45 am

After reading the comments to the extent of "Hell to the system. I want to entertain the fans" last night, I made the decision to not draft him if he were there at 3.06.

But for some reason Id do it at 4.05. Good thing he will go in the 2nd in my leauge.
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby gablefan » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:54 am

The dude wants to win. He knows that he is one of their only options and if he doesn't get the chance and then they lose he gets really frustrated. I don't condone all of his actions, but he has a point. If you have an extremely dangerous weapon and you keep it in its sheath, why have it?
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:54 am

Yeah, if it's a 4th round choice between him and Djax... I'd take a flyer on Moss. Frankly, I'd rather have Javon Walker :-o

Sixxgun - I've been well aware of this since last year. I'm with you, I almost wished that they didn't even play him during pre-season.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:05 am

I don't think that Brooks and Moss really need to "click" for Moss to have a great year. Moss has never been a particulary great route-running, over the middle possesion making WR. Moss's big strength is the deep ball, throw it up and I'll go get it. He made the one catch in double coverage during that perseason game that was barely out of bounds. Moss only needs 50-60 catches to get maybe 1200-1500 yards, and he'll get plenty of TDs on deep balls. I don't think any of us are expecting him to be an 80-100 catch guy anyways.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk