Randy Moss... back to Earth FF owners! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss... back to Earth FF owners!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:10 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:I don't think that Brooks and Moss really need to "click" for Moss to have a great year. Moss has never been a particulary great route-running, over the middle possesion making WR. Moss's big strength is the deep ball, throw it up and I'll go get it. He made the one catch in double coverage during that perseason game that was barely out of bounds. Moss only needs 50-60 catches to get maybe 1200-1500 yards, and he'll get plenty of TDs on deep balls. I don't think any of us are expecting him to be an 80-100 catch guy anyways.

Moss is not as fast as he used to be... I remember, early in the season, he was run down from behind! Age and injury is definitely the enemy to his style of play. A guy like Harrison relies on precise routes, which is why he can still produce.
Last edited by Twisted Sister on Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:11 am

Twisted Sister wrote:
buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:I don't think that Brooks and Moss really need to "click" for Moss to have a great year. Moss has never been a particulary great route-running, over the middle possesion making WR. Moss's big strength is the deep ball, throw it up and I'll go get it. He made the one catch in double coverage during that perseason game that was barely out of bounds. Moss only needs 50-60 catches to get maybe 1200-1500 yards, and he'll get plenty of TDs on deep balls. I don't think any of us are expecting him to be an 80-100 catch guy anyways.

Moss is not as fast as he used to be... I remember, early in the season, he was runned down from behind! Age and injury is definately the enemy to his style of play. A guy like Harrison relies on precise routes, which is why he can still produce.
runned down? :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:59 am

I dislike Moss calling out Brooks like that. Makes me wonder how much the O must be sucking in practice too. Still an awful lot of potential for where Moss can be drafted.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:59 am

OFFENSIVE LINE
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Cover 2 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:00 am

Yeah, but the guy that ran him down was Terrence Newman, not exactly a slow guy.
Cover 2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Berge20 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:06 am

How bad will the Raider's defense be this year?
Berge20
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby michaelavelli » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:10 am

steelerfan513 wrote:OFFENSIVE LINE

LARRY FITZGERALD
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:17 am

michaelavelli wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:OFFENSIVE LINE

LARRY FITZGERALD

A LOT OF SHOUTING :-b
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:47 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:ANDREW WALTER

I found it kind of disturbing that I view Andrew Walter starting for the Raider's a huge plus for Randy Moss at this point.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:49 am

50-60 catches = bust city
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk