Randy Moss... back to Earth FF owners! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss... back to Earth FF owners!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cover 2 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:51 am

I'll take his rookie season #'s when he had only 69 rec.
Cover 2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:01 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:ANDREW WALTER

I found it kind of disturbing that I view Andrew Walter starting for the Raider's a huge plus for Randy Moss at this point.

Heard it on Sirius the other day. Can't remember who the commentator was, but he guaranteed Walter would be starting in '06.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:39 pm

if either moss or jordan were a little lower in price id go for them but i cant see spending top 10 on jordan and top 5 on moss when i could get someone like rudi johnson or fitz for the same price. the way brooks played in preseason so far is horrible, 1/6 is just the beginning and im sure his o-line isnt going to hold up. gallery let a rush by him on the inside which he should have been able to block, this o-line is nothing but trouble this year. that along with the fact that randy moss is already complaining i cant justify taking him before 4th round
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheDiplomats » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:46 pm

I can't really bring myself to say that Moss wont be a top 10 receiver this year. Even with Brooks/Walter throwing..It doesn't matter. If you throw the ball 60 yards deep, Moss is going to get that ball over alot of the DB's covering him.

I think the only thing that stops Randy from getting 1200sh yards and 10+ TD's is health. Take the very last game of last year as an example. Busted out for 2 TD's and 100 yards when he was healthy with Moonshine Collins throwing it to him. All you need is a strong arm to get Randy his TDs.

Again, as I said earlier...

PRESEASON

Little premature to be judging them. I prefer waiting til week 3 before I give up on a player.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:54 pm

jajajaja Moss owners....'nuff said.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:23 pm

my thoughts are...i dont want Randy Moss as my #1 WR on my fantasy team...too many years of injury/lack of production for me to grab him as early as he goes
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:09 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:I don't think that Brooks and Moss really need to "click" for Moss to have a great year. Moss has never been a particulary great route-running, over the middle possesion making WR. Moss's big strength is the deep ball, throw it up and I'll go get it. He made the one catch in double coverage during that perseason game that was barely out of bounds. Moss only needs 50-60 catches to get maybe 1200-1500 yards, and he'll get plenty of TDs on deep balls. I don't think any of us are expecting him to be an 80-100 catch guy anyways.

50-60 catches = bust city

Yup. If Moss had 60 catches he'd have to average 21 yards a catch to get to 1,300 receiving yards. Not going to happen
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slowride » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:32 pm

Moss certainly prefers Walter, and I think that if Walter gets the nod then that will motivate Randy more. I mean Brooks has never really been good. Even in his "good" years. He has gotten less accurate as his career has gone on, and he won't be able to get randy the ball. Not to mention he keeps talking about how he's not going to try to focus on randy blah blah. I agree spreading the ball around is key, but when you have a talent like randy you need to get him more looks. I mean just about everyone else on that team sucks anyways.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mrblitz » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:39 pm

My take on Moss is that he can put up great numbers again. I don't think it matters who is the qb. Besides his injury proneness, I think his head is not in the game like it used to be. In the same breath I would take him late in the 3rd round if he was there.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:54 pm

I don't think that Moss is going to make a whole lot of short catches/route-based plays this year. However,he should be able to make at least one athletic play or two (think jumping over DB to caach the ball). He makes one of those a game (plus one or two cheap screens a basic catch that gets him to about 70 yards. If he stays healthy all year, that's 1100 yardss right there. If Moss stays healthy, that's his low end. His high end is up around 1600 yards, which would put him easily in the top 5 WR.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk