Concerns about drafting 7th in 12 team league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Concerns about drafting 7th in 12 team league

Moderator: Football Moderators

Concerns about drafting 7th in 12 team league

Postby jnjtk555 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:47 am

Whats up fellas, I am in such a position and i am quite fond of R Brown; having read about schedule strengths for Miami, and aware of Sabans tendencies on OFF. I think Brown should finish top 7-8 barring injury. I was all for WR/WR from the end of a draft but seventh is kinda ify to me in a 12 team league. If it were the 9th or latter i wouldnt have an issue with it. Im fairly certain that the majority of my leaguemates are pretty knowledgeable of FF and have experience. I was just thinking of trading down to the 9th or 10 pick....What do you guys think. I think i should be able to land, at the least, Fitztgerald in the second....All advice/suggs are appreciated....peace
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not to thine understanding"
jnjtk555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:49 am

I wouldnt trade picks. Brown should be their at 7 and is a good pick there.

Your right 7 is too early to be going WR/WR. The only way that strategy really works is if you can get Steve Smith and TO otherwise im not too sure its worth the headache.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bulger2holt » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:57 am

take smith and holt, not TO. Holt is 100 % and if not for his injury last , he was on pace for insane numbers.
bulger2holt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby onnestabe » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:16 am

I went WR/WR from 8 of 12 last week, and while my team turned out ok with a chance to be very good, I wouldn't have done it from 7. I think there will be a quality RB to take at 7 (Ronnie Brown should certainly be there).
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Wooters » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:51 am

onnestabe wrote:I went WR/WR from 8 of 12 last week, and while my team turned out ok with a chance to be very good, I wouldn't have done it from 7. I think there will be a quality RB to take at 7 (Ronnie Brown should certainly be there).

So you are saying the difference between picks 7 and 8 is so dramatic that WR-WR is ok with pick 8 but not pick 7? Personally I contend that WR/WR is never ok, but that can be discussed. If you can go WR-Wr at 8, then you can go WR-WR at 7. Perhaps your league had someone take Manning in the top 7 and his league goes all RB's, therefore the same players are off the board at pick 7? make sense?
Wooters
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bklik » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:57 am

I would take Ronnie and then focus on a stud WR. Im sure a Fitz-caliber player will be there, unless 8thru 12 went WR/WR, whereas then you can get a great rb.

good luck
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby onnestabe » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:12 am

Wooters wrote:
onnestabe wrote:I went WR/WR from 8 of 12 last week, and while my team turned out ok with a chance to be very good, I wouldn't have done it from 7. I think there will be a quality RB to take at 7 (Ronnie Brown should certainly be there).

So you are saying the difference between picks 7 and 8 is so dramatic that WR-WR is ok with pick 8 but not pick 7? Personally I contend that WR/WR is never ok, but that can be discussed. If you can go WR-Wr at 8, then you can go WR-WR at 7. Perhaps your league had someone take Manning in the top 7 and his league goes all RB's, therefore the same players are off the board at pick 7? make sense?

Every draft is different, and in the one I was in, my plan was to take SJax if he was available at 8, and go WR/WR if not. SJax went a 1.07, and I did not like any of the other RBs available to me at that point.

Once you know what players you are choosing from, what number pick you are at is irrelevant. I don't like the idea of targetting certain positions in certain rounds, I would rather look at the players available and pick the one that fits best with my team.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jnjtk555 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:21 am

Would you mind posting the results from that draft...your team only of course... I have the 9th pick in a draft a couple of weeks from now and im certain that barring injuries i will go WR, WR
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not to thine understanding"
jnjtk555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:19 am

jnjtk555 wrote:Would you mind posting the results from that draft...your team only of course... I have the 9th pick in a draft a couple of weeks from now and im certain that barring injuries i will go WR, WR

QB: Brees
RB: Kevin Jones, Fred Taylor
WR: TO, Chad Johnson
TE: LJ Smith
W/R: Ahman Green
W/T: McCardell
K: Josh Brown
DST: Atlanta
BN: Laurence Maroney, Deangelo Williams, Najeh Davenport, Roethlisberger, Greg Jennings, Samie Parker, Jeb Putzier
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

Postby giants! » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:36 am

Another average team by going WR/WR. I think you have to go with an rb at 1.7 and your choices will likely be between Edge, Ronnie, Jordan, Cadillac, and Jackson (Note- one will be gone). Go with whoever you like there.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk