Concerns about drafting 7th in 12 team league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Concerns about drafting 7th in 12 team league

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:17 pm

giants! wrote:Another average team by going WR/WR. I think you have to go with an rb at 1.7 and your choices will likely be between Edge, Ronnie, Jordan, Cadillac, and Jackson (Note- one will be gone). Go with whoever you like there.

You are right. Those RBs really suck. Sorry to be so blunt, but no way I want that team. Even the third WR isn't good, and the QB is adequate but not stellar. Gotta take a RB at least in the first or second.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:23 pm

Is it just me or is Ronnie Brown the riskiest 1st round pick out there? I see people describe him as being a surefire 1st round pick and part of this "2nd tier" of RBs (or third tier if you count Barber and maybe not Portis now).

Why?

Can someone give me a reason why, other than that Ricky is not there? What is so great about Ronnie Brown that you would want to drop your first round pick on him. Didn't you learn your lesson with Julius Jones last season? Mcgahee? Kevin Jones? Oh Except Ronnie didn't even have rookie success like the aforementioned RBs did.

Are you the same guys who are drafting Culpepper in the 5th round and Chambers in the 3rd?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:46 pm

giants! wrote:Another average team by going WR/WR. I think you have to go with an rb at 1.7 and your choices will likely be between Edge, Ronnie, Jordan, Cadillac, and Jackson (Note- one will be gone). Go with whoever you like there.

I find it funny when someone declares a paper team "average" in the preseason. Look back in hindsight at teams with 2 "stud" RBs from last year's preseason ranking. How did they do?

'05
Deuce/JJones = stud
Lamont/SJackson = garbage
--

As an aside, I personally have Kevin Jones rated higher than Ronnie Brown right now.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby onnestabe » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:59 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Is it just me or is Ronnie Brown the riskiest 1st round pick out there? I see people describe him as being a surefire 1st round pick and part of this "2nd tier" of RBs (or third tier if you count Barber and maybe not Portis now).

I agree Kensat. I am not terribly high on him for this year, but a lot of people absolutely love him. He might be adequate, but I think in a redraft you have to try to win your league with some breakout players (if you don't have a top 3 pick), and I don't think he has a very good chance to do it this year.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby jnjtk555 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:06 pm

thanks for posting your team onnestabe....I think ronnie is a nice pick in the late first round because ricky is gone and that which i stated in the initial post. Im confident he will get 20-30 points week after week, and i can live with that if im getting 20-30+ points from my wrs as well which is very realistic if you go wr/wr with the next picks. I must admit that i have wondered why not take peyton, especially this season with the colts favorable SOS, and stronger D; when at the 7th and latter picks; its likely that none of them will finish ahead of him in points......Help me understand
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not to thine understanding"
jnjtk555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Wooters » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:24 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
giants! wrote:
As an aside, I personally have Kevin Jones rated higher than Ronnie Brown right now.

O:-)
Wooters
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Previous

Return to Football Talk