Madden NFL 07 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden NFL 07

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:24 am

Yeah....what a load.

"Oh it was intentional for you to have the option to use HoF players in franchise mode, but if you don't want to we've provided you with the easy option of deleting your profile and your rosters, starting over, saving your rosters to a seperate file, etc etc

Riiiiigghhhhttttt.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:29 am

Free Bagel wrote:Wow, this is pretty friggin ridiculous.

For those that haven't heard yet the 360 version of Madden shipped with two major bugs.

The first is that well, there's no fatigue in the game. You can turn it on, turn it off....doesn't matter, it doesn't actually do anything.

The second is that Hall of Fame players you unlock show up as free agents (all 25 years old and 99 overall) in franchise mode. In an even worse mode, EA has tried to claim that this isn't a bug and is indeed functioning as designed....Right, because that's what we all want is to have our entire franchise mode flooded by teams full of super-rated players on every team. Way to let one of the most obvious and idiotic bugs I've seen in a piece of software get by and then even more idiotically pretend that you meant to do it which only makes everyone think you are totally out of touch with what your consumers actually want. While we're at it let's just replace the HoF players with Power Rangers and do franchise mode with them.

We see this kind of stuff every year. I think it's about time EA took $1mil out of its $125 mil advertising budget to hire some testers that command more than $7/hr.

And we STILL don't have defensive playmaker pre-snap or the choice to use a more traditional camera in SS mode.

Sony > Microsoft. Always have, always will.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:30 am

created a superstar WR. 6'5" 210. Ran 4.41 and 4.39. At the combine I somehow managed a 4.36. My parents were a hall of fame WR and a mountain climber. Worked out pretty well. Somehow at 6'5 and with 96 speed and 98 acceleration, I fell to the bottom of the 3rd round and got picked up by Baltimore. Nothing worse than playing for a team that calls a running play 90% of the time. haha
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:57 am

bagobonez wrote:Sony > Microsoft. Always have, always will.

What does that have to do with it? The XBOX version is just as good as the PS2 one, and it's not Microsoft's fault EA hasn't made the game right on 360.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby daullaz » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:07 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I can't believe stuff like this goes unnoticed. I mean, do they even have testers? Anyone who's played for 3 seconds should see how ridiculous the roughing the kicker penalties are.

I heard they are making a patch for the fatigue issue, but the game is still very incompletely without defensive playmaker. :-t Also, what happened to the qb playmaker where you can direct receivers mid play? :-t

Dunno bout the 360 version, but on PS2 you can still use the QB Playmaker Passing. Hit R3 and use the right stick and voila.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby daullaz » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:08 pm

bagobonez wrote:created a superstar WR. 6'5" 210. Ran 4.41 and 4.39. At the combine I somehow managed a 4.36. My parents were a hall of fame WR and a mountain climber. Worked out pretty well. Somehow at 6'5 and with 96 speed and 98 acceleration, I fell to the bottom of the 3rd round and got picked up by Baltimore. Nothing worse than playing for a team that calls a running play 90% of the time. haha

What was your overall rating? If you check out my DE post earlier, I had a pretty sick player fall to the beginning of the 4th round. Jokes on them, I'm halfway through my first year and already up to the 97-99 overall area.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby LongBallMan23 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:30 pm

Im a 6'4 WR and had regular parents. Ran a 5.08 40 but accelled in the Kick return so my speed is 98. Im a 80 overall and was picked in the middle of the 3rd by the Steelers. #2 WR ahead of Holmes! first game wasnt thrown to at all then my second game had 5 catches for 177 yards and 2 TDs. I think i like it here in Pitt!

Im starting to get used to the weird angles.
LongBallMan23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JeRmZ » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:37 pm

I gotta give this whole Legend thing a try, but I'm trying to get my guy from NCAA 07 over first .... give him a headstart ya know.

I just started my Franchise two nights ago .... with the Broncos and off the bat traded Lelie straight up for Staley .... I can't stand Lelie and needed another RB to fill in the roster. Then I got Brandon Marshall going at #3 and he's already making an impact. I can't wait until that guy get's some action in real life ... he's a beast!

Does anyone know if there is anyway once the roster updates come out to get them without having Xbox live?
JeRmZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:49 pm

JeRmZ wrote:I gotta give this whole Legend thing a try, but I'm trying to get my guy from NCAA 07 over first .... give him a headstart ya know.

I just started my Franchise two nights ago .... with the Broncos and off the bat traded Lelie straight up for Staley .... I can't stand Lelie and needed another RB to fill in the roster. Then I got Brandon Marshall going at #3 and he's already making an impact. I can't wait until that guy get's some action in real life ... he's a beast!

Does anyone know if there is anyway once the roster updates come out to get them without having Xbox live?

I know that there was a site where you could send them your memory card and they would put the roster on it, but it costs money. Best chance is to find a friend who has live and ask him to download the roster update to a memory card for you.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby terpfan » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:49 pm

LOL Superstar mode is so stupid. I made a QB just for the hell of it and ended up with this:

90 OVR 98 SPD 98 AGI 98 ACC 94 THP 89 THA

Drafted in the 5th round (LOL)

The guy is like Superman. The camera angle is ridiculous too, you cant see anything side to side. Ugh. Just horrible.

And yeah for 360...
1. No fantasy draft
2. No player editing
3. No fatigue
4. HOF glitch
5. Stupid annoying radio announcer

= teh suck.

I hate EA.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games