Madden NFL 07 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden NFL 07

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:51 am

daullaz wrote:
bagobonez wrote:created a superstar WR. 6'5" 210. Ran 4.41 and 4.39. At the combine I somehow managed a 4.36. My parents were a hall of fame WR and a mountain climber. Worked out pretty well. Somehow at 6'5 and with 96 speed and 98 acceleration, I fell to the bottom of the 3rd round and got picked up by Baltimore. Nothing worse than playing for a team that calls a running play 90% of the time. haha

What was your overall rating? If you check out my DE post earlier, I had a pretty sick player fall to the beginning of the 4th round. Jokes on them, I'm halfway through my first year and already up to the 97-99 overall area.

88 overall. I got drafted by Baltimore, and McNair got a season ending injury in the pre-season. My new QB is Brian St. Pierre, and his arm strength must be in like the low 80's. THis is going to be a nightmare season, especially when they give the ball to Jamal 35 times a game and Mike Anderson 10 times a game. Doesn't leave many receptions to go around, although I did score a TD in my first game and had 5 catches for 125 yards in my 2nd game. Pretty much if the ball is thrown to me, I'll get it. 6'5" and have 99 jumping attribute. It's hard to stop that even if the defense has perfect coverage. THe problem is being on a running team with a weak armed QB. I may demand a trade after the season. Can you do that?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:42 am

So it sounds like my best plan is to just stick to NCAA until the price of madden drops.

What is Xbox version like?
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bagobonez » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:19 am

I gotta say, I'm really enjoying this super star mode. As a WR, you kind of understand why WR's in the NFL are always complaining about not getting the ball. It's like I want it thrown to me on every play. I get upset when my coach calls a run, or when I'm wide open and my QB throws it to someone else. I also feel like celebrating whenever I catch a long pass or a TD.

If nothing else it's a nice change from the same old franchise mode, which I got bored with after 1 season already. Also, if you decide to allow yourself to be able to control the defense when your superstar's on the bench, you can basically do the same thing on D. Just pick one player to play as on every down, and see what kind of stats you can get with him.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JeRmZ » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:24 am

thatonepoorkid wrote:So it sounds like my best plan is to just stick to NCAA until the price of madden drops.

The Xbox version is flawless in my opinion. Great Frame-rates, smooth transitions. Definitely worth $49. I just wish Madden would come up with some new commentary.

The one I hate the most ...

"I always say the TE's are a big threat in the endzone"

... hasn't that been in the past 5 games! Come on EA ... all that money stop using commentary from 1995.
JeRmZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Manja » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:48 pm

JeRmZ wrote:
thatonepoorkid wrote:So it sounds like my best plan is to just stick to NCAA until the price of madden drops.

The Xbox version is flawless in my opinion. Great Frame-rates, smooth transitions. Definitely worth $49. I just wish Madden would come up with some new commentary.

... hasn't that been in the past 5 games! Come on EA ... all that money stop using commentary from 1995.

Madden 2007 for Xbox is only $37 at Circuit City...
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:14 pm

Manja wrote:
JeRmZ wrote:

Madden 2007 for Xbox is only $37 at Circuit City...

It's $12 off for all versions of it there.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:28 pm

I'm so close to just buying the XBOX version. I'm really pissed about the 360 version. But I also dont want to give EA any more of my money. :-[
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:40 am

I rented it to day (Xbox) and i found a glitch you guys may or may not want to use. When i was playing in superstar mode when you hold down L to veiw the play it stoped the clock (game, and play) So I bombed a ball to my WR and there where 5 secs. when he was tackled i did a hurry up but it was a 90 yd pass so i figured i lost so i just veiwed my play just because and i made it all the way down the field and started the play. This may have been posted but w/e
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby daullaz » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:59 pm

bagobonez wrote:
daullaz wrote:
bagobonez wrote:created a superstar WR. 6'5" 210. Ran 4.41 and 4.39. At the combine I somehow managed a 4.36. My parents were a hall of fame WR and a mountain climber. Worked out pretty well. Somehow at 6'5 and with 96 speed and 98 acceleration, I fell to the bottom of the 3rd round and got picked up by Baltimore. Nothing worse than playing for a team that calls a running play 90% of the time. haha

What was your overall rating? If you check out my DE post earlier, I had a pretty sick player fall to the beginning of the 4th round. Jokes on them, I'm halfway through my first year and already up to the 97-99 overall area.

88 overall. I got drafted by Baltimore, and McNair got a season ending injury in the pre-season. My new QB is Brian St. Pierre, and his arm strength must be in like the low 80's. THis is going to be a nightmare season, especially when they give the ball to Jamal 35 times a game and Mike Anderson 10 times a game. Doesn't leave many receptions to go around, although I did score a TD in my first game and had 5 catches for 125 yards in my 2nd game. Pretty much if the ball is thrown to me, I'll get it. 6'5" and have 99 jumping attribute. It's hard to stop that even if the defense has perfect coverage. THe problem is being on a running team with a weak armed QB. I may demand a trade after the season. Can you do that?

I'm pretty sure you can. I don't know if it's only available at a specific point in the season, but keep checking in at your agent's office. It'll be there eventually, if it's not there already.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Knicks4ever » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:26 am

How do you get 40 times that fast? Ive been trying but i cant get under 4.5 even with a player with 98 speed. Is there a trick or something or do you just tap the sticks back really fast?
Knicks4ever
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games