Madden NFL 07 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Video Games

Madden NFL 07

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:51 am

daullaz wrote:
bagobonez wrote:created a superstar WR. 6'5" 210. Ran 4.41 and 4.39. At the combine I somehow managed a 4.36. My parents were a hall of fame WR and a mountain climber. Worked out pretty well. Somehow at 6'5 and with 96 speed and 98 acceleration, I fell to the bottom of the 3rd round and got picked up by Baltimore. Nothing worse than playing for a team that calls a running play 90% of the time. haha


What was your overall rating? If you check out my DE post earlier, I had a pretty sick player fall to the beginning of the 4th round. Jokes on them, I'm halfway through my first year and already up to the 97-99 overall area.


88 overall. I got drafted by Baltimore, and McNair got a season ending injury in the pre-season. My new QB is Brian St. Pierre, and his arm strength must be in like the low 80's. THis is going to be a nightmare season, especially when they give the ball to Jamal 35 times a game and Mike Anderson 10 times a game. Doesn't leave many receptions to go around, although I did score a TD in my first game and had 5 catches for 125 yards in my 2nd game. Pretty much if the ball is thrown to me, I'll get it. 6'5" and have 99 jumping attribute. It's hard to stop that even if the defense has perfect coverage. THe problem is being on a running team with a weak armed QB. I may demand a trade after the season. Can you do that?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:42 am

So it sounds like my best plan is to just stick to NCAA until the price of madden drops.

What is Xbox version like?
Image
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1790
Joined: 16 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I can't dance

Postby bagobonez » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:19 am

I gotta say, I'm really enjoying this super star mode. As a WR, you kind of understand why WR's in the NFL are always complaining about not getting the ball. It's like I want it thrown to me on every play. I get upset when my coach calls a run, or when I'm wide open and my QB throws it to someone else. I also feel like celebrating whenever I catch a long pass or a TD.

If nothing else it's a nice change from the same old franchise mode, which I got bored with after 1 season already. Also, if you decide to allow yourself to be able to control the defense when your superstar's on the bench, you can basically do the same thing on D. Just pick one player to play as on every down, and see what kind of stats you can get with him.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby JeRmZ » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:24 am

thatonepoorkid wrote:So it sounds like my best plan is to just stick to NCAA until the price of madden drops.

What is Xbox version like?



The Xbox version is flawless in my opinion. Great Frame-rates, smooth transitions. Definitely worth $49. I just wish Madden would come up with some new commentary.

The one I hate the most ...

"I always say the TE's are a big threat in the endzone"

... hasn't that been in the past 5 games! Come on EA ... all that money stop using commentary from 1995.
Image
JeRmZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1168
Joined: 28 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Manja » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:48 pm

JeRmZ wrote:
thatonepoorkid wrote:So it sounds like my best plan is to just stick to NCAA until the price of madden drops.

What is Xbox version like?



The Xbox version is flawless in my opinion. Great Frame-rates, smooth transitions. Definitely worth $49. I just wish Madden would come up with some new commentary.

The one I hate the most ...

"I always say the TE's are a big threat in the endzone"

... hasn't that been in the past 5 games! Come on EA ... all that money stop using commentary from 1995.


Madden 2007 for Xbox is only $37 at Circuit City...
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1736
Joined: 6 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:14 pm

Manja wrote:
JeRmZ wrote:
thatonepoorkid wrote:So it sounds like my best plan is to just stick to NCAA until the price of madden drops.

What is Xbox version like?



The Xbox version is flawless in my opinion. Great Frame-rates, smooth transitions. Definitely worth $49. I just wish Madden would come up with some new commentary.

The one I hate the most ...

"I always say the TE's are a big threat in the endzone"

... hasn't that been in the past 5 games! Come on EA ... all that money stop using commentary from 1995.


Madden 2007 for Xbox is only $37 at Circuit City...

It's $12 off for all versions of it there.
Image
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1235
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby terpfan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:28 pm

I'm so close to just buying the XBOX version. I'm really pissed about the 360 version. But I also dont want to give EA any more of my money. :-[
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 11116
Joined: 30 May 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:40 am

I rented it to day (Xbox) and i found a glitch you guys may or may not want to use. When i was playing in superstar mode when you hold down L to veiw the play it stoped the clock (game, and play) So I bombed a ball to my WR and there where 5 secs. when he was tackled i did a hurry up but it was a 90 yd pass so i figured i lost so i just veiwed my play just because and i made it all the way down the field and started the play. This may have been posted but w/e
Image
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1790
Joined: 16 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I can't dance

Postby daullaz » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:59 pm

bagobonez wrote:
daullaz wrote:
bagobonez wrote:created a superstar WR. 6'5" 210. Ran 4.41 and 4.39. At the combine I somehow managed a 4.36. My parents were a hall of fame WR and a mountain climber. Worked out pretty well. Somehow at 6'5 and with 96 speed and 98 acceleration, I fell to the bottom of the 3rd round and got picked up by Baltimore. Nothing worse than playing for a team that calls a running play 90% of the time. haha


What was your overall rating? If you check out my DE post earlier, I had a pretty sick player fall to the beginning of the 4th round. Jokes on them, I'm halfway through my first year and already up to the 97-99 overall area.


88 overall. I got drafted by Baltimore, and McNair got a season ending injury in the pre-season. My new QB is Brian St. Pierre, and his arm strength must be in like the low 80's. THis is going to be a nightmare season, especially when they give the ball to Jamal 35 times a game and Mike Anderson 10 times a game. Doesn't leave many receptions to go around, although I did score a TD in my first game and had 5 catches for 125 yards in my 2nd game. Pretty much if the ball is thrown to me, I'll get it. 6'5" and have 99 jumping attribute. It's hard to stop that even if the defense has perfect coverage. THe problem is being on a running team with a weak armed QB. I may demand a trade after the season. Can you do that?


I'm pretty sure you can. I don't know if it's only available at a specific point in the season, but keep checking in at your agent's office. It'll be there eventually, if it's not there already.
Image
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3107
(Past Year: 38)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cave

Postby Knicks4ever » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:26 am

bagobonez wrote:created a superstar WR. 6'5" 210. Ran 4.41 and 4.39. At the combine I somehow managed a 4.36. My parents were a hall of fame WR and a mountain climber. Worked out pretty well. Somehow at 6'5 and with 96 speed and 98 acceleration, I fell to the bottom of the 3rd round and got picked up by Baltimore. Nothing worse than playing for a team that calls a running play 90% of the time. haha


How do you get 40 times that fast? Ive been trying but i cant get under 4.5 even with a player with 98 speed. Is there a trick or something or do you just tap the sticks back really fast?
Image
Knicks4ever
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 1084
Joined: 5 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:15 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact