Madden NFL 07 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden NFL 07

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Knicks4ever » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:53 pm

Did anyone else notice in franchise mode that sometimes players have different overall rankings on the depth chart than they do in every thing else? For example i signed a TE who was a 76 but he is a 90 on my depth chart and his attributes look like he should be closer to a 90 even no on the depth chart.
Knicks4ever
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:51 am

If you do training and stuff they'll go up. They can also get better during the preseason.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ecnar » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:20 am

xbox graphics kick the crap out of ps2's....the xbox is also much smoother i found...(not always in madden)But in general 8-o

cHi-TOwn BEaRs 08'
Ecnar
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jnjtk555 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:43 pm

I recently got Madden 07 for ps2 and im quite pleased to say the least.....It may be that the "role" feature of other players are enhancing the TE you signed, i was wondering is there any way to disable that feature but even as i type i suspect not. I began a franchise with the bears and lost the first game with rex "the hex" grosman and just simulated the first season. Got a great rookie QB in the draft and sad to say a rb too. Cya T Jones. For some reason i just like starting fresh with rookies. Gotta do make some decision though cuz have no space to save a superstar mode...may just get another.

Hey did everyone else know that Vernon Davis was sooooo fast, he is 90+ in speed, faster than some starting WRs.
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not to thine understanding"
jnjtk555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aldridg6in » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:58 pm

Knicks4ever wrote:Did anyone else notice in franchise mode that sometimes players have different overall rankings on the depth chart than they do in every thing else? For example i signed a TE who was a 76 but he is a 90 on my depth chart and his attributes look like he should be closer to a 90 even no on the depth chart.

I noticed they have different ratings if they're listed under different positions. For example, I put an outside linebacker as a backup for my inside linebacker and his ratings were higher for his "natural" position. Ratings also change based on if the player is injured or not. I think it's been that way for the last several Madden games.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Knicks4ever » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:41 am

aldridg6in wrote:
Knicks4ever wrote:Did anyone else notice in franchise mode that sometimes players have different overall rankings on the depth chart than they do in every thing else? For example i signed a TE who was a 76 but he is a 90 on my depth chart and his attributes look like he should be closer to a 90 even no on the depth chart.

I noticed they have different ratings if they're listed under different positions. For example, I put an outside linebacker as a backup for my inside linebacker and his ratings were higher for his "natural" position. Ratings also change based on if the player is injured or not. I think it's been that way for the last several Madden games.

yeah i no but im not talking about that, i signed a te who was a 76, i didnt train with him at all and he didnt even play much since he was shockeys backup all year. But he was listed as a 90 on my depth chart (at tight end) all year and next year he was a 90, and this happens every time i do franchise mode this same tight end always becomes a 90 in the same way.

Also did you guys notice when you train with a player like this they get a year younger? and when you train with any rookie they become 25 years old automatically? :-°
Knicks4ever
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Manja » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:59 pm

What version are you playing with?
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagobonez » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:49 am

Knicks4ever wrote:
aldridg6in wrote:

yeah i no but im not talking about that, i signed a te who was a 76, i didnt train with him at all and he didnt even play much since he was shockeys backup all year. But he was listed as a 90 on my depth chart (at tight end) all year and next year he was a 90, and this happens every time i do franchise mode this same tight end always becomes a 90 in the same way.

Also did you guys notice when you train with a player like this they get a year younger? and when you train with any rookie they become 25 years old automatically? :-°

Which Te are you talking about? And when you say "train" do you mean the training camp drills to increase attributes?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Knicks4ever » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:53 pm

I think the tight end is named doug lee, he always becomes a 90 in his 2nd year, at least for me.

When i say train i mean the training camp drills you can do before every game

And im playing on a 360
Knicks4ever
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Video Games