Madden NFL 07 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden NFL 07

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:25 am

Free Bagel wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:That's another thing that bugs me. It's cool to have the challenge feature, but why do they need it? And if you're going to have it, put it online. I say why do they need it, because there's no reason a video game shouldn't be able to compute that if pixel a touches pixel b then event x...I mean, it shouldn't be hard to program it that way.

It is perfectly capable of doing that. With regards to challenges the game will intentionally make some incorrect calls to be challenged. AFAIK this doesn't happen online.

Right, and I realize they add in challenges to make it realistic, but I'd rather have correct calls. Even before they added the challenge, bad calls were sometimes made. You could watch the replay and clearly see that the call was wrong. There's definately been wrong calls in online games I've played, both for and against me.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:44 am

So I'm doing another Superstar...this time I wanted to be a QB. After getting on the field, I have to say it's pretty fun. Having to move around to look for receivers and stuff. I think that, along with actually playing defense instead of letting the CPU do it will work for me.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:39 am

well, after getting through the preseason with the packers, I have one thing to say. They guys who worked on this game were definatly drinking the Gado koolaid during the offseason. This guy is unbeleivable in the game.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby daullaz » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:36 pm

Put together a DE superstar. After the combine I was drafted in the fourth round by the Titans. But here's the kicker....I'm a 93 overall! How did I slip to the fourth round?!? The big debate should have been me and Reggie Bush!! I demand a recount!!!

At least I got paid. 2 year contract for $11.3 M with a $2.86 M signing bonus. Not bad for a 4th rounder (translation: could we make this a little more realistic?)

I'm surprised I got any sleep at all last night. O:-)
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:32 pm

I dont suppose anyone has a list of all moves that have been made in the NFL that are not reflected in this game. What date where the madden rosters finalized. I really dont want to have to look through every team trying to figure out who needs to be dropped, traded, picked up, etc.

If anyone can help me out here, that would be great

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Manja » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:49 am

Funny thing... I like to play a 4-3 defense.. So, I moved some players around in my franchise to accomodate this for the 'Boys.. Switched DeMarcus Ware to defensive end and Spears' position to defensive tackle.. Ware's rating ended up as 98. Not too shabby for a second year player, methinks.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:56 pm

Wow, this is pretty friggin ridiculous.

For those that haven't heard yet the 360 version of Madden shipped with two major bugs.

The first is that well, there's no fatigue in the game. You can turn it on, turn it off....doesn't matter, it doesn't actually do anything.

The second is that Hall of Fame players you unlock show up as free agents (all 25 years old and 99 overall) in franchise mode. In an even worse mode, EA has tried to claim that this isn't a bug and is indeed functioning as designed....Right, because that's what we all want is to have our entire franchise mode flooded by teams full of super-rated players on every team. Way to let one of the most obvious and idiotic bugs I've seen in a piece of software get by and then even more idiotically pretend that you meant to do it which only makes everyone think you are totally out of touch with what your consumers actually want. While we're at it let's just replace the HoF players with Power Rangers and do franchise mode with them.

We see this kind of stuff every year. I think it's about time EA took $1mil out of its $125 mil advertising budget to hire some testers that command more than $7/hr.

And we STILL don't have defensive playmaker pre-snap or the choice to use a more traditional camera in SS mode.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:17 pm

I can't believe stuff like this goes unnoticed. I mean, do they even have testers? Anyone who's played for 3 seconds should see how ridiculous the roughing the kicker penalties are.

I heard they are making a patch for the fatigue issue, but the game is still very incompletely without defensive playmaker. :-t Also, what happened to the qb playmaker where you can direct receivers mid play? :-t
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby SkinSFan22 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:02 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I can't believe stuff like this goes unnoticed. I mean, do they even have testers? Anyone who's played for 3 seconds should see how ridiculous the roughing the kicker penalties are.

I heard they are making a patch for the fatigue issue, but the game is still very incompletely without defensive playmaker. :-t Also, what happened to the qb playmaker where you can direct receivers mid play? :-t

wow, i miss the qb playmaker a lot. :,-(
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby washamur » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:08 am

EA's Response To The HoF'ers in Free Agency:

"...the (design) team wanted to give players the ability to use HOF players on current rosters. This is intentional."

This is the workaround recommended by the Madden team if "players do not want to use this feature":

"Hall of Fame players are added to the roster on boot-up and whenever you move up in Madden Gamer Level. In order to prevent these (players) from being on your Franchise team, you have the following options:

1) Save off the roster upon boot-up, and load once you are in-game and then head into Franchise mode.

2) Go online and get the latest roster and start a Franchise. This will also remove the players. Once you have started a Franchise, these players won't show up, as the roster is saved with the Franchise."

To add to that, if you already have a saved Profile with a Madden Gamer Level high enough to unlock HOFers immediately, I'd recommend copying it to a memory card, removing it from your hard drive (if applicable), and booting the game without it so it doesn't auto-load.

You'll have the default rosters (and the ability to load customized ones from memory) and bypass the MGL/HOF functionality. Then, after the Franchise/Superstar is saved, you could load your profile normally.

The above instructions should also apply to Superstar mode as well as Franchise.

As far as the "Fatigue Glitch" -- EA has acknowledged the issue and is working on a patch.

I guess we'll see.
QB-BigBen Delhomme Edwards Quinn
RB-LJ Gore DMAC CJohnson Slaton
WR-Driver Chambers Bowe Brown
TE-Gates
K-Prater
5-IDP's
washamur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Graphics Expert