who do i keep - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

who do i keep

Moderator: Football Moderators

who do i keep

Postby anon » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:30 pm

8 team league. points are as follows. 1 for 20 passing 1 for 10 rushing. all td's =6pts.
lineup-1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te.
pick three to keep. S. Davis, E. George, Tomlinson, A. Thomas, Keyshawn, Plaxico, Moulds, D.Jackson. I am leaning on keeping 3 backs, being George, Davis, and Tomlinson. I have the 5th, 6th and 8th ovwerall picks due to trades, I figure keep three backs and draft 3 wr's in the first round.
anon

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

backs

Postby cwebb » Sun Jul 07, 2002 7:28 am

George, Davis and Tomlinson are abvious choices to keep. Considering the lineup you might consider going with Moulds insted of one of those backs, maybe Davis and see someone else spend a high pick on him.

But keeping those three and getting good WRs and maybe a stud QB if available early in the draft looks like your best option!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Ned » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:16 am

I agree with cwebb, even if the draft doesn't go your way with those three you should be able to trade for a high level player at a positiong you need without killing your team.
Ned
Water Boy
Water Boy

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:51 pm

I'll add my vote to cwebb's suggestion...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan » Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:58 am

Sorry guys, but I have to go differently!

I would keep Thomas and Tomlinson (hey, I guess it wont be a one year keeper!) and choose one of George and Davis. As George's injuries are omnipresent, I am leaning more towards Davis.

I know this is a controversial call, but I think Eddies time is over. He is just too old (at least his body is) to be called a top back anymore.

And then of coz go with QB/WRs the first 4 rounds at least.

If you ever think of keeping a WR, do yourself a favor and keep Plaxico. Although I wouldnt call him a sleeper anymore, he will dogood things this year (more than Moulds) - but that of coz makes him a good guy to cut and get back in the middle round!
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canton A** Kickers » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:07 am

I agree with the three-back assessment, but I believe that keeping the two rookies from last year is a risk. San Diego's O-line is suspect, and Chi-Town is relying on a rookie left tackle, but if it's a choice between Thomas and Tomlinson, I believe you can't go wrong with a back whose last name begins with a T!

Seriously, Davis is running with a new offense more designed for passing than running so he is a question, and George has been bruised and battered a lot lately. Chicago is playing a first-place schedule, while San Diego is playing a fifth-place schedule, and both Tennessee and Washington are playing middle of the road schedules.

All things considered, your best bets are probably Davis (consistent production over past three years), Tomlinson (schedule should help) and George (provided his injuries have healed).
"I hate lawyers, and I are one."
M.W.D., Esq. (2000).
Canton A** Kickers
Monday Morning Quarterback

who should I keep

Postby bigrooster » Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:38 am

I've got to throw a different wrinkle in here. I agree with keeping Thomas and Tomlinson, but would go with WR Jackson as my 3rd. I know Dilfer is the QB but he put up some great numbers on a very mediocre team last year. He cold be a big surprise. In an eight team league, you should have no problem getting a veteran backup at rb and a quality qb and wr to finish your starting lineup.
bigrooster

Postby cpgecko » Sun Jul 14, 2002 6:03 pm

i think keeping three backs could be the winning strategy; it would certainly give you an edge at the position, but i think thomas should be one of them. thomas and tomlinson give you backs on the rise, people you could play for years, while george's production is in decline.

i think you will more ably replace wrs than rbs given your draft position, but you should probably think about a qb to complement your rbs and wrs.
cpgecko
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby CoPlayer » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:55 pm

I agree with cpgecko - A Thomas and Tomlinson would top my list, and probably Stephen Davis as my third. I think you definitely want 3 RBs, given that you've got 3-4 solid RBs to choose from. WR depth is deep this year, and you've got good draft picks to shore that up.
CoPlayer

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:16 am

Davis doesn't fit well in the Fun 'n Gun, so I'd substitute Thomas for him.

Return to Football Talk