Madden
75%
2K series
25%

Total votes : 20

Postby Ecnar » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:53 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Ecnar wrote:I own the 360 version of Madden 06 and YUCK!!! :-t :~(

I've been counting down the seconds untill the Damn NFL title goes back to the community!

Exactly. That version sucked. You can't judge it on that. Wait for '07, or until all 3 next gen systems are out. It's the best football game that ever has existed.

Yeah teddy Ballgame...Im really excited about the new running styles!! football is football...No matter what form...am I right?

cHi-TOwn BEaRs 08'
Ecnar
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby washamur » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:07 pm

There's no doubt -- not a single Football game since ESPN 2K5 has been able to reach the kind of presentation found in 2K5.

FAR superior game to ANY football game to date (IMO)

The day they announced the exclusivity contract for EA - I knew we were in for a long road. Nothing against EA - just when there's NO competition -- what's the point in making vast improvements?

I fully agree -- a "new" visitor to the Madden genre should NOT make their judgements based solely on 06's 360 version.

This years should be better ... but I have to keep telling myself, this is EA were talking about. Look at the list of "features" for 07 ... they actually have the nerve to include "Coach's Challenge" as a FEATURE!?!

They consider the fact that this one, very important, option was taken out of last years, that since they decided to include it in the 07 game ... it can be considered a "selling point". (vintage EA)

I still own ESPN 2K5 for Xbox -- but only have a 360 --- and wouldn't you know it. It's not backwards compatible. ... and I'm pretty sure, it never will be.

I voted 2K series ... my heart will stay there - but have began to adapt to the Madden style of gaming -- and w/ the proper adjustments, and sliders ... there is some fun to be had.

NCAA Football 07 is a blast to play ... and I can't wait to export my draft classes to see how they do at the next level. :)
QB-BigBen Delhomme Edwards Quinn
RB-LJ Gore DMAC CJohnson Slaton
WR-Driver Chambers Bowe Brown
TE-Gates
K-Prater
5-IDP's
washamur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Graphics Expert

Postby Ecnar » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:04 am

washamur wrote:There's no doubt -- not a single Football game since ESPN 2K5 has been able to reach the kind of presentation found in 2K5.

FAR superior game to ANY football game to date (IMO)

The day they announced the exclusivity contract for EA - I knew we were in for a long road. Nothing against EA - just when there's NO competition -- what's the point in making vast improvements?

I fully agree -- a "new" visitor to the Madden genre should NOT make their judgements based solely on 06's 360 version.

This years should be better ... but I have to keep telling myself, this is EA were talking about. Look at the list of "features" for 07 ... they actually have the nerve to include "Coach's Challenge" as a FEATURE!?!

They consider the fact that this one, very important, option was taken out of last years, that since they decided to include it in the 07 game ... it can be considered a "selling point". (vintage EA)

I still own ESPN 2K5 for Xbox -- but only have a 360 --- and wouldn't you know it. It's not backwards compatible. ... and I'm pretty sure, it never will be.

I voted 2K series ... my heart will stay there - but have began to adapt to the Madden style of gaming -- and w/ the proper adjustments, and sliders ... there is some fun to be had.

NCAA Football 07 is a blast to play ... and I can't wait to export my draft classes to see how they do at the next level. :)

I agree its gonna be fun drafting my Hiesman winning...All american Running Back...haha...

Stats:49 rushing td's 8,000 Rushing Yards, Like 400 Recp. 10 td. 1000 receiving yards

cHi-TOwn BEaRs 08'
Ecnar
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby RJ24VC15 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:26 pm

I liked the 2k series for a few years, but got back to madden. Mainly just because it's more popular and easier to find league/tournaments online.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:06 pm

2k5 was definitely better than any Madden game I ever played. Sure, it had some problems (those interviews at the end of games were retarded) but the gameplay was much better. Last year's Madden was a piece of garbage (I had the ps2 version). I'm hoping that this year is much better. I need an NFL football game, so I guess I'm going to find out in a few days.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bagobonez » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:47 pm

I liked Madden as a game better, but the $20 price tag of 2k5 put them on an even playing field I think. There were alot of things about 2k5 that I liked that Madden 05/06 didn't have, but overall Madden was a more polished game, especially in the franchise mode.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tiki » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:13 am

2k5>Madden ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Luca Brasi » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:28 pm

Alkaholik wrote:Ahhhh, the good ol' days....

You mean the good ol' days when Madden's picture could actually fit on the cover? Haha...its pretty sad that Culpepper in full pads can fit but big John can't!
Luca Brasi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Previous

Return to Video Games