Madden 2007 Review - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden 2007 Review

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby confused_jake » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:20 pm

oh, one more question. in the superstar mode, can you make your player ANY position? like can you make an offensive lineman? if so, when you control them is the blocking like the same with the lead blocker controls?
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:23 pm

confused_jake wrote:oh, one more question. in the superstar mode, can you make your player ANY position? like can you make an offensive lineman? if so, when you control them is the blocking like the same with the lead blocker controls?

They can be any position. Also, this time you have the ability to control that player if he's a linemen or something, and while you're off the field the game speeds up. You have to do drills and stuff to get good ratings. Sounds cool. No clue what the controls are.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:28 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Azrael wrote:They should just call it Madden - Roster Update

No offense dude, but it is people like you that help in ruining these games and holding back the real development of them. The guys over at EA are so busy coming up with new ideas to satisfy the people that can't appreciate a sim game for what it is and will piss and moan about no new features that they end up spending all their time in that regard rather than refining the gameplay.

Based on your comment you aren't planning on buying the game, so why are you even in this thread?

Sorry if I came off aggressive, but that nonsense just ticks me off.

I agree. Obviously this guy hasn't heard about the new lead blocking system that has completely re-vamped the running game. In the last 3 years, they have completely redone defense, the passing game, and now the running game respectively. What about off the field stuff? They've added Owner Mode, Superstar Mode, Mini Camp drills, and a lot more. No matter what they do, the 2K sports fanboys will trash them for the exclusive liscense. They continue to try and improve the game, and have not raised the price above what the normal price for that platform is. Don't like it? Fine. Don't buy it, but don't make false statements about the game.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby sportsaddict » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:00 pm

Madden 2006 for the 360 was terrible. I was extremely unhappy with it. 07 for the 360 is good, in my mind. I really like it, and I think it moves smoother and has better gameplay.

What I dont understand is why they changed it so drastically from the 2006 version on regular xbox. That was by far the best Madden game ever created; strategy was a big part of the game and everything was so smooth.
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Video Games