FREE Yahoo Experiment - Best ball format - reward best draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

FREE Yahoo Experiment - Best ball format - reward best draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

FREE Yahoo Experiment - Best ball format - reward best draft

Postby Sticky Spice » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:32 pm

My form email is below. Please send me a PM with your yahoo ID if interested. I have to be picky because I think even one bad apple might wreck this league.

I read about an interesting kind of league in my fantasy football magazine this year and I wanted to try to manipulate Yahoo's site to make this league work for us to play.

Live Draft Date (can use pre-rankings, but prefer you can attend): Thursday, Sept 7th 10pm EST (during the Thurs nite game)

This league will be almost no upkeep because there are no transactions (no free agents/waivers/IR/trades) and you don't turn in a lineup. The league will be "best ball" meaning that, for example, if you have three tight ends on your roster, only the tight end that scored the most that week will count towards your lineup for the week. I will accomplish this by going into each team AFTER all the games have been played and alter the lineups retroactively (after Yahoo has done the scoring). So really the hardest part of this league will be the draft prep, which you probably have already done for your other leagues by the time this draft rolls around. If you cannot make the draft or must miss some of it I highly recommend that you adjust your pre-rankings on Yahoo or you will likely get stuck with some complete duds. You better make your list deep, so be ready to spend some time on your pre-rankings just in case.

The draft is a snake draft with 22 rounds. There are all kinds of strategies you will want to consider like do you want to avoid injury risks, do you want to get your stars' backups, do you want to take big upside guys in the best ball format, etc. Please pay attention to the scoring system as there are some differences that you may not be used to, and notice how many players will be scored for your lineup each week.

Another way this league is different is that each week you will be playing EVERY other team in the league EVERY week in a head-to-head matchup. The standings that Yahoo will post each week will be incorrect. I will manually tabulate the standings each week and post them on the message board. What this means is that if you are the high scoring team for the week you will go 9-0 in a 10-team league, for example.

There is a chance that Yahoo will not allow me to go back and change the rosters like I am planning, although someone on a message board said that it is possible. This is an experiment and it may not go as planned.

Thank you, drive through
Last edited by Sticky Spice on Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sticky Spice
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sticky Spice » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:03 am

bump
Sticky Spice
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Sticky Spice » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:05 pm

bump
Sticky Spice
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Sticky Spice » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:20 pm

Thanks for interest, guys!

We still have openings as some couldn't make the live draft. PM me if interested.
Sticky Spice
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Sticky Spice » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:34 pm

bump :-)
Sticky Spice
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Sticky Spice » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:31 pm

Bump! :-D
Sticky Spice
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Sticky Spice » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:45 pm

We just need a couple more teams to see if this baby will fly. If you're free Thursday (during the game?) PM me.
Sticky Spice
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Sticky Spice » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:48 am

bump
Sticky Spice
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ttwarrior1 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:39 pm

yahoo wont allow you to go back and change, once a guy is in the lineup , it wont change for that week
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sticky Spice » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:46 pm

Wow, thank you for letting me know that. Now I've heard conflicting statements on that. I might need to put it off for a year to check it out...

Anyone interested please continue to respond until I decide what I'll need to do.
Sticky Spice
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Classifieds