Frank Gore- Top 10 RB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Frank Gore- Top 10 RB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:18 am

SF should only get better. Looks like Nolan knows what he's doing + Heitmann and Newberry will be healthy. Let's Hope Allen comes back.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ampant » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:11 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:[/vent]
For god sake Frank. You had 50 yards and like 15 recieving in the half ;-D Then you just turn it out to kill me!!!! Grrr
[/vent]

On Topic:
I think that Gore will be a top 7 pick next year behind LdT, LJ, S.Jax, Portis, Alexander, Parker.

He rounds out my top 5. I would take him ahead of Portis and SA. Portis could be traded to a new system, and if he stays, Betts has proven he is a starting-caliber RB. He will have to factor in and take touches.

SA is looking like a decent RB2, not a 1st rounder. As long as Norv Turner is in SF, I would rather have Gore.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby benb18a » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:22 pm

I predict Gore and SA to go in the late first round next year. If either fall to me, I will pick them up.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Athrun340 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:16 pm

maddog60 wrote:I think the question for next year is Gore top 5 or just top 10. Either way, I think its a given rule for fantasy football, that whoever is in Norv Turner's offense is a top 10 RB.

thats why ricky williams retired when he left miami :-t
Athrun340
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:19 pm

Hmm, I think that he might, might be top ten.

I think we all know that

LT, LJ, Sjax, Portis, Alexander, Rudi, Fast Willie, Ronnie Brown, Westbrook, Gore.

But, I am not super knowledgeable about college ball. I also know that if something were to knock Fred Taylor out of the JAX picture, I would probably pick jones-drew ahead of gore. I realize its a judgement call, but drew is comapct, and very muscular around his quads and calves, plus explosive. So he can catch balls, block, has a low center of gravity, quick, and big enouhh in key body parts to wrap up. I think this guy is stud city in the making. You also have the reggie bush issue.

I know Bush has to contend with deuce, but think back to 2003, basically duce staley, buckhalter and westbrook all were worthy of playing in a flex situation. I think since bush is so dynamic, the presence of mccallister is important to consider, but it doesn't disqualify bush.

Then you wonder, if Tampa beefs up its line, caddy gets considered as well. I think for the sake of argument, this is where gore could end up, but I wouldn't hoot and holler if someone took gore over caddy and bush next year (if these scenarios come to pass).

Tough call.

There actually might be a very, very solid situation with the backs next year. The tiers are still important (and more obvious IMO), b ut it seems like there are some seriously solid options running deep into the second round, and that is if no one drafted a qb or WR, and you know peyton and brees will go high next year.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Armed and Hammered » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:47 pm

Doesn't look like too many people thought he was capable of a year like this.
Armed and Hammered
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:06 pm

eaglesrule wrote:Then you wonder, if Tampa beefs up its line, caddy gets considered as well. I think for the sake of argument, this is where gore could end up, but I wouldn't hoot and holler if someone took gore over caddy and bush next year (if these scenarios come to pass).

I dont know about getting hopes up for Caddy. TB did a lot in the draft to beef up that line, so having those key rookies mature another year will help. But I dont like their QB situation at all, nor is their WR position looking all too promising. With no other weapons, I think the best Caddy could hope for is to have a Chester Taylor-ish season, except he's not likely to have nearly as good of a blocking unit.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ampant » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:56 pm

eaglesrule wrote:I know Bush has to contend with deuce, but think back to 2003, basically duce staley, buckhalter and westbrook all were worthy of playing in a flex situation. I think since bush is so dynamic, the presence of mccallister is important to consider, but it doesn't disqualify bush.

Yes it does. If we are talking about being worthy of top 10 status, it sure as hell does. How on earth can you argue that Bush is a top 10 guy when he's not even the starting back/losing huge carries and goal line touches to Deuce McAllister (who has also scored more fantasy points than Bush).

In fact, I think Portis takes a hit as well (though maybe not out of the top 10). Betts is playing like a stud. They simply can't sit him on the bench all the time. Portis will lose 20-30% of his touches next year to Betts if Portis doesn't get traded. If he does go elsewhere, I might consider taking Betts in the 1st round.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby The Lung » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:06 pm

Gore will likely end the season with 1600+ rushing yards. But I'm leery of:
  • His lack of rushing TDs. He has only scored 6 rushing TDs in 14 games. Interestingly, over the last 6 games he has rushed for a score every other week.
  • His fumbling issue. 6 fumbles, 5 lost, is a concern.
  • His injury history. He tore the ACL in both knees in college.

I definitely like his prospects next year on a much-improved 49ers team, but he's not on my first round draft board.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:32 pm

The Lung wrote:Gore will likely end the season with 1600+ rushing yards. But I'm leery of:
  • His lack of rushing TDs. He has only scored 6 rushing TDs in 14 games. Interestingly, over the last 6 games he has rushed for a score every other week.
  • His fumbling issue. 6 fumbles, 5 lost, is a concern.
  • His injury history. He tore the ACL in both knees in college.

I definitely like his prospects next year on a much-improved 49ers team, but he's not on my first round draft board.

I agree I don't think I take him till mid 2nd rd

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk