Got a Roster Spot?? Who Has Most Upside? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Got a Roster Spot?? Who Has Most Upside?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Got a Roster Spot?? Who Has Most Upside?

Postby farsport » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:12 pm

Need a back-up WR or RB.
Laverneus Coles, Muhsin Muhammad and Deshaun Foster are available.
Who has the most upside of those three during the stretch run??
farsport

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:08 pm

Coles is hot right now,Pennington seems to be able to find him.Out of these choices,he's your best bet.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby slowkidz » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:22 pm

I agree. Coles is getting all the looks from Pennington. Foster won't have the chance to prove himself with L.Smith playing well and Mushin isn't producing as much. I would definitely pick up Coles!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Homeless » Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:16 pm

The problem with Muhsin Muhammad is his hammy. One wrong step and bam! he is out. Its just too risky to consider him.

So I guess i'll jump on the Coles bandwagon, with some reservation as to him actually doing well fantasy wise.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby kashikis » Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:32 pm

i say go with coles the jets offense is looking up so id imagine that his numbers will rise accordingly plus he had 2 solid weeks in a row now
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:42 pm

I agree with the others that Coles is the best bet by a significant margin. In terms of pure upside - indepent of what the odds are that he'll have a chance to reach his potential - I think you have to consider Foster too.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JayM09 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:07 pm

id take foster in the long term. right now it would be coles hands down, but foster should take over the starting job in carolina when he comes back. he will have the full load and get more touches than a reciever would get. recievers are easier to find than running backs, and foster may be that sleeper guy to count on in a playoff race...
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Keeper or not?

Postby Weasel_ffc » Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:14 pm

This one boils down to what type of league you are in, and what type of RBs you already have. Foster won't be available much longer in an experienced keeper league - this will probably your last chance to grab him. If you already have good keeper RBs, or if you aren't in a keeper league, take Coles.
Weasel_ffc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk