Who will be the 3 worst offenses in the NFL?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will be the 3 worst offenses in the NFL??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:46 pm

Jets, 49'ers, and Saints
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This is a talented team that under any other circumstances would be an absolute lock for their 4th championship, but I can't shake the feeling that the push for 16-0 will in the end be the undoing of this team in the playoffs.
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:48 pm

KoopaTroopa211 wrote:Jets, 49'ers, and Saints

The Saints? Really? Bush, McAllister, Horn, Brees, Hilton...that's a pretty decent group, wouldn't you say? The Jets, Niners and the Browns get my vote. I like Charlie Frye, but I still think they are at least another year away from making a real offensive impact. Droughns is the only healthy option they have on offense.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:08 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

The Saints? Really? Bush, McAllister, Horn, Brees, Hilton...that's a pretty decent group, wouldn't you say? The Jets, Niners and the Browns get my vote. I like Charlie Frye, but I still think they are at least another year away from making a real offensive impact. Droughns is the only healthy option they have on offense.

Just becasue certain players may have some talent or played well elswhere doesnt necessarily translate into a decent team or fantasy producers. Bush, a rookie, and Brees, a decent but not great qb are the only newcomers out of the ones you listed. If you dont think they're bottom 3, I can agree to that, but they certainly arent gonna set the world on fire.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:18 pm

DraftDodger wrote:EK,

I like your call on Miami. Fan expectation is high after that six-win finish last year---but why?

Ricky Williams, who turned in a monster game and many solid pro efforts in those final six weeks ... IS GONE.

Gus Frerotte, who turned in a tremendous effort at QB ... AIN'T THE QUARTERBACK.

And one of those wins was due to a freakish Timmy Smithesque perfomance by SAGE ROSENFELS<shudder>.

Ronnie Brown was barely a factor, and Culpepper wasn't even on the team.

Last year is over. There is a potential for good things to come out of the Miami offense (the rats leaving the sinking ship via free agency or trade demands) but that team has pre-reduction Dolly Parton BUST written all over it.

Could they be good? Yeah. But it's no stretch of the imagination to envision the team losing a lot of low-scoring games.

With the KC pick I disagree. You have some good points, but Green has always gotten the job done without great receivers. If he goes down, however ...

You just gave the 2 reasons why the Fins offense will be better then it was last year.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:22 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

McAllister's old/banged up, Hilton's inexperienced, Brees is new to the team, and Bush is new to the league. I could see this lot being good down the road, but they've got to get some chemistry going. Next year, they won't be on this list. ;-D
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:39 pm

I'm surprised SF is on so many people's list as one of the worst offenses? What is not to like?

#1 WR - Antonio Bryant. The guy put up 1000 yards last year with Dilfer mainly throwing to him. I see no reason he cant repeat that feat, especially since he seems to have made a good connection with Alex Smith. Mind you this guy was a 1st rounder who never had a chance to prove what he could do until last year.

#1 TE - Vernon Davis. This guy was so freakishly talented that a team with needs across the board took him #6 overall when they had a perfectly good TE in Eric Johnson (who in the season before his stint on IR hauled in ~80 receptions). He has Gates potential, and should if nothing else be a great safety valve for young QB Alex Smith.

#1 RB - Frank Gore. Despite how terrible the 49ers offense was last year, Gore managed a 4.8 ypc. Figure with Barlow gone that he takes over for Kevan's carries, you're looking at nearly 1500 yards rushing if he can keep that ypc. And his blocking did get better between young guys developing and free agency (yes, Larry Allen is not the force he used to be, but still helps when you were so deprived as SF last year).

#1 QB - Alex Smith. Sure, the whole thing hinges on the QB, and last year he was terrible. But just about every QB is terrible their first year. Sure, they're not all as bad as Smith was, but his team wasn't much to work with before the injuries, with his best RB not getting any serious work until mid season, and his most reliable receiving option (Eric Johnson) on IR all year, that made things doubly tough. Now he's got all his guys back, and healthy. The offense has even more, and better options than last year, and critical here, Norv Turner was made the OC. If there is one thing you can count on from Turner, its a good offensive game plan. I'm not about to write the guy off due to a bad rookie season.

I'm much more inclined to see Buffalo who has no blocking, no passing game, and Jauron in charge, or Jets who have no running game, rookies replacing Pro Bowl linemen, and no QB, or the Titans having a much worse offense.

Now SF's defense, that is what gives them potential to be one of the 3 worst teams, but that offense, it's looking like there's a good foundation.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Double Play Ball » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:40 pm

worst first...
1. Jets
2. Niners
3. Bills
4. Bears
5. Titans