The biggest High Risk/High Reward Picks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The biggest High Risk/High Reward Picks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Warhawk » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:48 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Warhawk wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:
fatnub2339 wrote:Javon Walker

Don't really seem the boom here.

2004?

Is he truly a #1 in Denver? I don't think so.

Is he on a passing offense? I don't think so.

I think ADP is way too high. It's like everyone thinks his only risks will be his recovery from injury.

There are other factors, namely, where Rod Smith is in his career and at what point he begins to decline, and how the running game shakes out. Walker is talented enough to put up 1200+ yards and 10+ TDs, or more, but it's a risk.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevster1 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:48 am

I feel Roy Williams, and Chester Taylor, are very intriguing picks. Taylor is going to a team that has drasctically improved their offensive line. The vikings also seem committed to the run. The downside is Taylor has never carried the full load for 16 games.
Williams on the other hand has always been an immensly talented receiver, with an injury history. Though williams has never amassed yardage totals to warrant a high pick he has had a nose for the end zone. You can say what you want about Mike Martz as a head coach, as an offensive coordinator he will move the ball, and put alot of points on the board.
It seems that Taylor is going late 2nd or early third in a 12 team redraft, and Williams is going about a round later. My gut tells me that they will outperform their draft position.
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Warhawk » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:49 am

How about Braylon Edwards?

Clearly very talented, but coming back from injury and on a somewhat questionable team.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby DrSpackle » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:29 am

I love R Williams this year. He's got NFL talent, for sure. He finished well last season. Martz will throw the ball and Kitna is an upgrade at QB. And it's Roy's third year in the league and WRs seem to come into their own in their third year.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Balanced Man » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:07 am

I gotta vote for Mike Bell.

He could be a top 5 RB in Denver, or he could start 2 games and sit the rest of the year.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:49 am

The Balanced Man wrote:I gotta vote for Mike Bell.

He could be a top 5 RB in Denver, or he could start 2 games and sit the rest of the year.

I agree but I think he'll play as long as he is healthy. For a guy to come out of nowhere (literally, undrafted FA) to take the starting RB job in Denver a week into TC, he must be peforming very well.

Only an injury slows him down. The same goes for Foster. He'll start and produce well all year unless he gets hurt.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby skinsguru » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:16 pm

Dont think anyone has mentioned D. Foster Carolinas RB. If he stays healthy(LOL) he could be top 10 or better RB, but most people will stay away from him because of the risk. If you need help at RB/Flex you might get him with a fairly late pick I think I got him in the fifth or sixth round something like that, and if you handcuff him with D. Williams you should be looking good. I think Foster is one of the biggest boom/bust candidates this year.
skinsguru
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jnjtk555 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:33 pm

it doesnt appear that this is round specific, so does Aaron Brooks fit the bill? Had an auto draft the landed me Chris Simms as my starter at QB.....fellow owner has Tom B, C palmer, M hasselback and A brooks. Dont mean to stray from the post....
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not to thine understanding"
jnjtk555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PurpleHaze » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:55 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:I gotta vote for Mike Bell.

Exactly ;-D
Sig courtesy of chargersfan36!
PurpleHaze
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:09 pm

To me Kurt Warner is is high risk/high reward player. He has the potential to put up big numbers in the Arizona offense but can he stay healthy for the whole season???
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk