The biggest High Risk/High Reward Picks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The biggest High Risk/High Reward Picks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby gablefan » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:43 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:I gotta vote for Mike Bell.

He could be a top 5 RB in Denver, or he could start 2 games and sit the rest of the year.

I agree with this C. Taylor and TO.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ateam » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:53 pm

Some others:

RBs
Tatum
Dillon
Ahman
CBrown
KJones

QBs
Bledsoe
Kitna
Carr
Rivers

WRs
Both M. Claytons
Joe Horn
Troy Williamson
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:04 pm

TO is by far the biggest risk/reward player out there. He can singlehandidly win your league for you. He can also destroy it.

Andre Johnson also comes to mind. Hes got all the talent to succeed, it just remains to be seen if his situation has improved.

Daunte Culpepper is another former stud that is getting drafted way to low for his potential. With an elite reciever and rb Daunte has a chance at a record setting season.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:20 pm

Reggie "#5" Bush
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:29 pm

I'm seeing a lot of guys listed who go in rounds 4-8 and I'm not seeing the real "risk" on those picks. Maybe Roy Williams in the 3rd, Reggie Bush in the 2nd has been mentioned, that's where I see the risk and reward.

MY #1 candidate right now is Ronnie Brown. Lots of risk and presumably a lot of reward in the first round.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby JakeTrain72 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:00 pm

QB: Brady - Branch is crying and C.Jackson is only a rookie, just don't seem throwing the ball as much with Dillon and Maroney as a more solid choice for offensive production.

RB: Gotta be DD. If healthy he will be a monster, especially where he is being drafted. If not he is practically garbage wasting a roster space on your team.

WR: Randy Moss - We know the upside and the downside. So far Brooks is making Moss' value sink more than Moss himself.

From what I have seen most people are stating the sleeper picks and those don't always apply to boom or bust since you do not know the true ceiling of their potential. Untested players can be sleepers who may or may not pan out but I just can't see placing them in a boom or bust thread.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benb18a » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:18 pm

wow, its about time somebody mentioned DD : l with all the talk about his "grapefruit" knees, i dont see how people wouldnt mention his ability to gain well over 1500 total yards and 10 TDs, and the risk of him having another season ending injury. the guy has top 10 RB talent, and is going early/mid 3rd round most mock drafts ive seen. i picked him up at 5.1 in my 12 team league.
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deacon » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:40 pm

Because of where he is typically going in the draft I would say TO is the biggest risk/reward.

Most are taking him early to mid second rd and if he is mediocre hw will kill someones team.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby camcool21 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:20 pm

Top 3 Risk/Reward players
1. T.O.
2. P. Rivers
3. D. Foster
Thank you WILLISthebigMCG
camcool21
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ateam » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:45 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I'm seeing a lot of guys listed who go in rounds 4-8 and I'm not seeing the real "risk" on those picks. Maybe Roy Williams in the 3rd, Reggie Bush in the 2nd has been mentioned, that's where I see the risk and reward.

MY #1 candidate right now is Ronnie Brown. Lots of risk and presumably a lot of reward in the first round.

Risk/Reward or Boom/Bust.

Some posts focus on the former, others on the latter.

Most of the Risk/Bust options which typically are on the top tiers were posted, so I was focusing on the Reward/Booms which would be a pleasant surprise given their ADPs.

tomato/tomatoe B-)
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk