Ronnie Brown overrated? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ronnie Brown overrated?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aussieboy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:00 am

Kensat30 wrote:OVER
RATED

I wouldn't touch Brown until the late 2nd round. I would much rather have a stud WR instead of Ronnie this year. Let someone else gamble away their first rounder on Ronnie Brown.

Could you elaborate a bit further why you dont like Ronnie's outlook for this season?

The way I see it, he was an elite talent coming out of college (selected #2 overall), he is going into the season as the sole RB on a team that improved offensively in the offseason. There are very few RBs left that don't get spelled at the goal line or lose carries to "change of pace" backs etc. Ronnie has the potential to be an every down running back. He has the ability to feature heavily in the passing game. He is in potentially a high powered offense, Culpepper, Chambers, McMichael, Brown, not too shabby.

In saying that I am very concerned about the fact he didn't carry a full load in college and thus we cannot be sure he will be up to the task in the NFL.

I'm with you Kensat in that I'm unsure as to what will become of Ronnie Brown this yr, however I'm interested to hear what reasoning you have in labelling him overrated, because the way I see it if he has the talent, the stars are aligned for him to have a massive breakout season.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pat1999 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:22 am

this guy was the 2nd pick in a draft with a lot of rb;s for a reason. he has a ton of talent and put up great numbers while splitting carries. now with the full load its silly not to assume he will have an excellent year.

he is a complete back, powerful, fast, good vision, solid blocker, and he can catch.

the only concern for brown is the risk of injury which every player in the nfl has.

i think he is easily a top 10 back and should not see the 2nd round in a 14 team league
pat1999
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby damonhater » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:01 am

BALCOBOMBER wrote:I have these two rated relatively close together, but I give the tilt to S-Jax because he play the 49ers and Arizona twice.

My draft is Sunday and this info hit home. Thanks for the post. 49ers and Cards D sucks big time
damonhater
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk