Maurice Clarett - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Maurice Clarett

Moderator: Football Moderators

Maurice Clarett

Postby josebach » Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:06 am

Is anybody else around here as sick of this guy as I am? This lawsuit against the NFL is so selfish and self-centered, I can't believe it. If this goes to court and the rule thrown out, it will cause serious damage to College Football as we know it. It's bad for the NFL, it's bad for College and it's bad for the players.

This is what I think the NFL should do. Stop the lawsuit right now. Don't let it go any further. Allow Clarett to enter the draft and then... NOBODY DRAFT HIM!!! This will allow the NFL to keep these rules on the books. This will also send a clear message to all up and coming 18 and 19 year old football players that even though their can be exceptions to the "3 years out of high school" rule, it is definately NOT within their best intersts to challenge it.

That's all we need is for college football to turn into college basketball.

Anyone?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:48 am

I'm with ya there.... College football is an institution... Especially here in Tally... It is BAD for college football if the NFL looses this lawsuit....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:01 am

First...this lawsuit is a waste of time. But, it was bound to be challenged at some point. All other Major League Sports allow 18yr old players to be eligible for the draft. The NFL is the exception. I love college football. Followed OSU and the Big Ten since I was a kid. But honestly, it is just a "free minor league system" for the NFL. College Football helps sculpt would be talent into the NFL frame of mind. Should HS players be allowed to jump into the NFL? No. They aren't anywhere near ready for that level of play. Hell, most of the college seniors and juniors that enter the draft aren't ready for that level of play!!

Like I said, it was bound to happen sooner or later, and its a shame that its now and with Clarrett. This kid has talent, but he is no where near ready to jump into the NFL. His recent troubles with the law and NCAA proves that his character is flawed and his maturity level isn't past that of a young dung beetle. He needs someone to pull his head out and put it back on straight. Go back to school and finish out a few more years. Grow up already!! You think you're making a case for yourself, but instead you're making yourself into a horse's arse....pathetic... :-t
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby yoda83 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:51 am

you're right, he's not ready for the pros (PROFESSIONALS), but he needs to be allowed to make his $$$. especially in a field as violent and fleeting as football.

clarrett's over 18. if he can vote and be drafted, he can try to get work. especially for a job in which he is probably more qualified than 99% of the population.

and yes, i do believe an influx of younger players will most likely weaken the game.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby fim32 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:29 am

clarrett's over 18. if he can vote and be drafted, he can try to get work.

uh, this kid doesn't need work. he needs to get an education. i hope the judge throws him out, on the pure premise that his lawsuit is idiotic. he wants retroactive penalties because he couldn't enter the draft for 2003? he didn't even want to enter the draft last year! he only wants to enter the draft because his school punished him for insurance fraud.

you'd think, that for all these people to back him, that he'd at least be a standup citizen. a kid that everyone could believe in. all these people with their hands out pushing this kid so they can get paid... pathetic. they want to get all black politicians involved? pathetic. at least you have to respect the BCA, they won't release a statement supporting this crap. i think they could have done more tho...

i like the first, idea; let him enter the draft and nobody draft him... but that's collusion...

the draft age is arbitrary... as arbitrary as the drinking age! maybe they should tie the two together... that way, if freshmen can enter the draft then they can celebrate...
fim32
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby yoda83 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:10 pm

yeah, the retroactive stuff is nonsense. i didnt know he was trying to pull that off. i've tried to keep my distance from all the drama.

and yeah, an education would do him good. still, he should be allowed to pursue the dream, make his money, etc. i too, am tired of clarrett, but there just isnt a compelliing enough argument for him (or any 18 year old) being held out of the pros.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:23 pm

He is stupid anyway. If he hadn't lied and done all that other bad stuff, he wouldn't need to enter the NFL. And that is all the NFL needs, another Randy Moss, Jimmy Smith, David Boston... If he can play as well as they can, he can be a bad bay. But at least get an education. If he wants to play Football that bad, just go to a division 2 school, that simple.

He has got to learn to abide the the law.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby yoda83 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:26 pm

why would he want to stay in school and risk injury or who knows what else? like it's been said before, he doesnt appear to be suited for academia. why shouldnt he go to where the money is for him? right now if he wants?
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:29 pm

M_Zimm wrote:He is stupid anyway. If he hadn't lied and done all that other bad stuff, he wouldn't need to enter the NFL. And that is all the NFL needs, another Randy Moss, Jimmy Smith, David Boston...

Don't forget Peter Warrick and Laveraneus Coles....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:38 pm

fim32 wrote: he wants retroactive penalties because he couldn't enter the draft for 2003? he didn't even want to enter the draft last year! he only wants to enter the draft because his school punished him for insurance fraud.

actually...clarrett did attempt to enter the draft last year (2003). he and his mama met with a lawyer and began the necessarypaper trail to begin a lawsuit. after time spent investigating the possible suit, along with OSU's run for the Nat'l Championship, it was decided by clarrett and his lawyer to put off the suit for a later date...which now leads us to current day where he sees himself being unjustly held back by the man and the NFL establishment.

all in all...he needs to get an education and stay in school. period. end of story.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Next

Return to Football Talk